We really enjoyed General Conference this weekend… all except Matthew, who for some reason didn’t like what he heard. Crazy kid.
Because of the time difference our Conference schedule is a little different over here. We spent Saturday outside working in the yard and riding bikes. At 6:00pm we watched the Saturday morning session. Each of the kids had a ‘specially-made’ General Conference packet cut and pasted from several that I found on sugardoodle.net It’s so wonderful that we can find so many great ideas to grab from.
Luke was busy coloring President Monson with blue skin. Megan was busy cutting and pasting the First Presidency standing by the podium. Emily was busy worrying that if she drew and colored President Eyring’s ‘hair’ with a black crayon it would look like Quinton L. Cook instead. Seriously, I’m amazed at what that girl remembers. Katie had fun creating a ‘favorite quotes’ page on the front of her packet.
On Sunday morning at 11:00am Chris and Ryan went to the church for the Priesthood Session. While they were gone Emily and Megan had special cooking time with Mom. Emily made her first lasagna and Megan, a pear and avocado salad. When they got home we ate lunch and watched the Saturday afternoon session. Then at 6:00pm we watched the Sunday morning session. We had FHE plans for the Sunday afternoon session but it didn’t happen and we finally got around to it this week... and boy was it powerful. What great talks. I am always so inspired to be a better wife, mother and friend.
3 comments:
You are always amazing...but I want to see more pictures of Emily's cute hair. WOW. She is adorable!
That is halarious plugging his ears.
Pear and avocado salad? I must have the recipe.
Post a Comment