After our afternoon at Keukenhof we drove back to Wassenaar and parked on one of the main streets to get out and walk around for awhile. I love all the pedestrian only cobble stone streets lined with stores and eateries. This place actually had a lot of cool stores… but it was Saturday night and they weren’t open. Too bad.
A fresh tulip stand…
and flowers everywhere. Europeans take a lot of pride in their front gardens.
We were excited to find this windmill right in the middle of town… with the red and white shutters we’d been seeing everywhere.
Megan, you are sure cute with those missing teeth!
The bottom level of this white building was the grocery store. We wandered the isles picking up stuff for dinner… crusty (but not too crusty) French bread, fresh salami (Chris and I are addicted to salami sandwiches now), sliced cheese, our new favorite Dutch grape soda, sweet chili chips, Aero bars (favorite chocolate bars found also in Canada!) and some milk for breakfast. Then we headed back to our ‘little teeeny house’ to eat and play Dominion until late.
3 comments:
I love the cobblestone streets!What a pretty little town.
Do you ever feel like you live in a movie set?
I want those shoes!
Post a Comment