Naturally Matthew is picking up some of Luke’s good and not so good traits because of their little 17 month gap.. I guess he’s watched and watched as Luke begged for us to ‘FIND MY HAPPY FACE’. But Matthew, instead of waiting around for us to find it, just finds it himself. Whenever he recognizes that he’s getting frustrated he just stops… quickly closes his eyes and ‘wipes’ his frowny face away and there is his happy face in it’s place. He started this about 6 months ago, before he could say anything. Now that he a two year old and definitely terrible, he does need some reminding from time to time. “Matthew, where’s your happy face?” But he is very proud of the fact that he can find it himself.
5 comments:
Love, love, love all the faces and that cute little boy!
Such cute pictures. He looks like a little man.
That is just amazing. Not many kids do that! So cute.
Pretty sure Matthews little face in that first pictue is the cutest thing I've ever seen. What a doll!
Ever since I read this post a few months ago I've been using it on Avery. Holy Cow! Works like a charm! Whenever she gets said or sassy I say, "Oh no, did you lose your happy face? We'd better go find it!" She almost always starts to giggle immediately and says, "I found it!" and when she is naughty for yelling at one of the kids (she seems to get sick of them always being in her face these days, which I would be sick of that too) or for not listening to me when I ask her to do something and I tell her she needs to go to timeout she says "but I found my happy face Mama!". Such FABULOUS idea! Thanks for sharing it! :-)
Post a Comment