Johnson Family

Johnson Family

August 12, 2011

Luke’s Ear

Lukey's ear

I paused to listen as Luke screamed upstairs.  He always screams so I don’t automatically get alarmed...  but this scream sounded different so I thought I’d go check it out.  Before reaching the bathroom I heard the girls panicked voices.  Luke had his hand covering his ears and was crying loudly.  Megan had stuck a Q-tip in his ear (I’m sure we’ve covered this multiple times before – but there you go – these things happen)  I sat down on the bathtub and pulled him close for a peek.  When he pulled his hand off blood was dripping out and was on his hand.  Katie and Emily gasped and Megan immediately started to cry.   The poor girl felt so sorry.    I grabbed the phone and called Chris, put Luke in the van and headed off for the medical clinic.   

Luke’s crying stopped as we drove through the fields, and I was much relieved.  Then I said, “Luke, I want you to say a prayer to Heavenly Father about your ear.  Say it loud so I can hear.”

It was such a sweet prayer.  With a sincere voice he said, 

“Dear Heavenly Father, 

Please bless that my ear will not get blood on me.  

Please bless that there will not be a hole in my ear.

Please bless that the doctor can do stuff. 

Please bless that my ear will be all better. 

In the name of Jesus Chris, A-man.”  (He really always says ‘A-man’)

Chris was waiting for me as I pulled up and was relieved that he wasn’t crying anymore.  Good, no burst ear drum.  Chris had walked down the hall and told them I was coming so we walked right in and 10 seconds later the Doctor was looking in his ear.  Just some torn skin.  No big deal.  He was such a cutie at the hospital.    Love this sweet boy!

3 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Glad he is OK. Talk about a panic moment! I miss being seen at the military hospital where Derek can help me. We are in the community here because the hospital is an hour away. And poor poor Megan. Hope she is OK.

Ash said...

So scary! I am glad everything was alright!

Amy Silva said...

Aww. What a cute boy.