I organized my desk, drawers, files and cabinets today and got everything all kinds of organized. Happy day. In the process I found a pile of ‘memories' and funny Lukey quotes that I had jotted down in the summer. The sad thing is that funny stuff like this happens every day and I DON’T write down everything. I wish I did… because this kid cracks us up. Here he is with his classic thumbs up pose.
June 2011 – Luke
“Mom, I’m going to walk upstairs but just DON’T look at me!” (after he accidently peed his pants)
July 2011 – Luke
Luke: “Oh, I love chicken.”
Mom: “This is fish.”
Luke: (Funny facial expression) “Hey, there’s chicken inside this fish!”
Same meal but later…
Luke: “I don’t want to eat these yellow peas.” (corn)
July 2011 – Luke
Luke's bedtime prayer: “Dear Heavenly Father. Please bless that we don’t die. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
Mom: “Luke, you need to say more things.”
Luke: “Sometimes we can say prayers with 1 thing or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.”
Mom: “Well, a prayer with five things is the best.”
Luke: “OK.” So closing his eyes he held one arm crossed on his chest and held one hand up, sticking one finger up for each new sentence. “Dear Heavenly Father. Please bless we don’t die (1). Thank you for the food (2). Thank you for our family (3). Please bless the food (4). In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen (5). “There.”
August 2011 – Luke
Luke was playing outside with Megan on the trampoline and hurt his toe. He started to cry and then immediately folded his arms and said, “Heavenly Father please bless that my toe won’t get sick.” When he was done, Megan said, “Luke that was a good thing to say a prayer.” Then Luke said, “My mind told me to do that.” Matthew looking concerned said, “otay?” and then Luke said, “ya, Matthew. I’m OK.”
August 2011 – Luke
Luke: “I wish I had a pet monster named… angry green. And he has green stuff on his chin. And he has a green and black and red hat. He likes red. But actually he likes blue hats… small hats for little small monsters. Another monster is all blue on his body and his bum and his belly button too. He’s a daddy monster. He’s nice. And another monster is named Octopus Tiger and he’s mean.” I don’t know where any of this came from but he was cracking me up so I had to pull out a piece of paper and take notes.
September 2011 – Luke
“HE SCRUNCHED ME!” I’m not sure where this came from but it has become a word around here for angrily grabbing hair, clothes or skin. It’s not a good thing… that’s for sure.
September 2011 – Luke
Eating his dinner at the dinner table I asked him if he liked his dinner to which he responded… “It was the best I never had!”
September 2011 – Luke
Mom: “I love you Luke.”
Luke: “I love you, Mom.”
Mom: “NO, I love YOU!”
Luke: “Mom, no, we both love ourselves.” (He meant to say, “We both love each other.”)
and now a recent 4 year old one… January 2012
First of all the boys had starting saying “I’m going to kill you” in their play and I didn’t like it. I told them they could say “I’m going to get you” instead and the other one could ‘faint’ instead of actually die. Ever since that Luke has been saying “I’m going to faint you!” It’s pretty funny. The other day Luke was using Ryan’s iTouch on a Star Wars light saber App. Swinging it around to make light saber sounds he approached Dad, “Dad, I’m going to faint you.” but before he could inflict any damage on Dad he hit himself in the nose with his swinging iTouch and started crying. Sorry, Luke, but it was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment