The new City Creek shopping area in Salt Lake City is pretty impressive. Great stores. Beautiful architecture. Fountains playing to music. It was really fun to wander around for a bit and enjoy ourselves. Especially funny when the fountain sprayed everyone.
We met Lindsey, Derek and Dallas at the Blue Lemon – one of Ashlyn’s favorite new restaurants in City Creek. Fabulous salads and sandwiches. It was really good!
Matt and Derek – both 4 years old
Grandma and Dallas
After lunch we went across the street to walk around Temple Square. It had been so long since we’d been there. It was a perfect day to show the kids around. I just wish Katie could have been there but she was over in Colorado Springs with Dad getting ready for girls camp – and having lots of fun herself.
First we went inside one of the Visitor’s Centers – which was really neat. We spent longer than I thought we would because my kids were so interested in each exhibit.
A model of the inside of the temple. So interesting to see. Fun to remind the kids that that’s where Chris and I were married.
We had to stand and watch Mormon commercials for 20 minutes – always make me cry.
The Assembly Hall and the Temple…
My three boys…
Across the street from Temple Square we took a tour of the Conference Center. Wow, is it ever huge inside. Luke recognized the inside and said, “I didn’t know we were watching UTAH in our TV’s!”
I love this statue even more now that I’ve seen the original in Copenhagen.
A view of Salt Lake City and the Temple from the top of the Conference Center.
Back towards City Creek we stopped in front of the Temple for another picture. Love this view…
3 comments:
WOW wonderful blog!!!!!! Great details.i found your blog by goggling Hiking in Murren. What camera do you use? We ( family of four, son 17, daaughter 14, myself and husband) are going to Murren, Zermatt and Paris for two weeks August. I love your family photos you are amazing having six kids. You are a great photographer. I love the info about you. I too also play the clean up game with my kids and love having nothing on my kitchen counters.
Beautiful photos....as usual. So fun to be there again with kids a little older. What a great day.
Those are some amazing pictures! You have a real talent!!!
Post a Comment