Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 11, 2007

Emily Girl




Our little 'almost five year old' sweetheart, Emily. For some reason, everyone loves taking pictures of her. My brother, Mike, (photographer extraordinaire) took these of Emily when we were together in Idaho and I just love them. Thanks again, Mike.


Emily's favorite things: playing on the computer - dressing up in princess dresses with matching shoes - playing anything with Megan - drinking chocolate milk - coloring pictures - listening to musicals in the van (mostly Wicked and Joseph and the Amazing Techno colored Dream Coat... she'd rather do that than watch movies) - reading Dick and Jane books (she thinks they're hysterical) - playing Bitty Babies with Megan - talking about the baby in my tummy... EVERY day she looks at the color of my shirt and tells me what the baby is doing... Red: the baby is eating apples. Blue: the baby is swimming etc. So funny) - staying up late and watching movies on family movie nights - playing Gamecube with Ryan - singing songs - playing Guess Who or Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders with Mom - having her hair done (she doesn't like me brushing her hair but she likes it when her hair looks pretty) - having her back rubbed - wearing her brown GAP shirt or her pink American Girl shirt.

My favorite recent Emmy stories: A couple weeks ago Emily starting asking questions about death and heaven. "What would I be wearing, if I died?" I said I didn't know and then asked her what she thought. She said, "Well, I hope I wouldn't be wearing this! I don't have on the right matching skirt." She was wearing her whale shirt but didn't have on her whale skirt and was quite panicked about it... it was so funny. After we discussed death for a while I said, "Emily, don't think about this. You are not going to die." She thought about it for a minute and then said, "Ya, because we moved to Georgia and I don't think the bad guys know how to get here."

1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

Absolutely adorable pictures! Look at that Emmy, she's irresistable! The one with her on the hammock is gorgeous...you have a wall or two to hang it don't you? :) Soo cute!