Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 26, 2007

Sleeping Kids

It's funny how kids can show their personality even when they're sleeping. Chris is gone for a few days so it was my job tonight to check on the kids, lock the doors and turn off the lights. I smiled as I went into each of their rooms...

Ryan's light was still on. He was asleep, shirt off of course because he can't stand to sleep with a shirt on, with his hand marking a place in the new book he fell asleep reading. On the floor his t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks are all laid out perfectly as if another little boy lay on the floor.

Megan is curled up on her knees on top of her blankets facing the opposite way she was put to sleep. She looks big in her crib. She's only months away from a big girl bed and not being our baby girl, and it kind of makes me sad.

Emily is asleep with her bitty baby snuggled up to her face and with one of her favorite nightgowns on and no blankets. "Nightgowns are better", she says, "because you only have to put one thing on instead of two." At the foot of the bed multiple small stuffed animals are tucked into bed with their own pillows and blankets.

Katie is in my bed tonight. She and Emily will trade off while Dad is gone... just for fun. She is asleep in the very center of a huge king sized bed. She prefers capri pajama pants and tank tops to sleep in. She's growing up.

Thanks for letting me check on the kids, honey. Hope you're having fun!

6 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

That made me laugh because just the other night Derek and I were discussing how our children have their own little sleeping personalities. Many that manifested when they were babies that they continue to do. Each one different.

Jamie C. said...

Cute! I never would have thought about seeing their personalities while they slept, I'm going to have to check that out. Those descriptions fit your kids perfectly, especially Ryan huh?
By the way, the other day Gabs was saying, Grandma's married to Grandpa, mommys married to daddy and I married to Megan. So far, Megan's the love of her life!

Elisha and Scott said...

Cute Lisa. I'll have to keep that in mind when our kids grow up and we have more.

Lindsey said...

I love hearing about your kids. I miss them already so much and it was just a month ago that we saw them! Tell Ryan how proud of him I am that he is such a reader. As a teacher (you know) that is one of my favorite things to see in fourth graders!!!

Sarah Walton said...

You have such cute ideas to write about Lisa. Ryan, thanks so much for the sweet comment on our blog. We love you too!!

Marilee said...

Annie likes to sleep in the exact same thing as Katie, Capri jammie pants and tank tops! Sounds comfy to me!