Johnson Family

Johnson Family

February 23, 2008

ocean magic

On Sunday after church we packed up and drove the 3 hours and 45 mintues to the Gulf of Mexico. We stayed at the Bay Point Marriot in Panama City, Florida and spent the night playing game after game of Carcassonne and listening to the thunder and pouring rain.

The next day was sunny, but a little cool... especially by the ocean. I decided against bathing suits. Just too cold. How could I let my little kids freeze in the water? Well, bathing suits or not they managed to get wet. They took their shoes off, rolled their pant legs up and headed straight for the waves. It wasn't long before Ryan and Katie were jumping and splashing and almost completely soaked. Emily and Megan were a little more careful. Megan liked throwing sand in the water and Emily liked playing in the sand and enjoyed the water from a safe distance.

It was fun to just watch my kids play. There is something wonderful about the ocean... my kids weren't fighting, they weren't bored, they weren't asking for snacks, they weren't asking to leave, in fact, they barely knew I was there. They were digging holes, throwing sand in the water, burying their feet, making sand castles with Amy, climbing up sanddunes, jumping over waves and laughing the whole time.

Just pure ocean magic.








5 comments:

Geneva said...

Great pics! I didn't realize Chris was still on crutches, I'm sure the beach was difficult that way.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful ocean and beach! I love the picture of the kids laughing, and the one of Ryan from a distance where you can see the ocean so well. They all look fantastic (when I click on them) on our new huge moniter. So fun for sisters to spend some time together.

Jennifer said...

I love your red coat. Yeah I know the beach is awesome. Dave is still trying hard to get back to the California sand and surf.

Elisa said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! The ocean is just beautiful! I feel so bad that Chris is still on his crutches! He's such a good sport, sand and crutches really don't mix well.

Sarah Walton said...

Wow, I am so jealous of that beach right now . . . that water looks beautiful!