Johnson Family

Johnson Family

February 21, 2008

little grand canyon

One of the fun things about living in a new place is being able to explore the area. We just love discovering new places... especially with visitors. Amy came for the weekend and our first outing was 30 miles south of us to Providence Canyon State Park... also called Georgia's "Little Grand Canyon." We enjoyed walking on the trail around the Canyon's rim and taking pictures every couple steps. It really was beautiful.

Even with such amazing views, the kids were more enthralled with running on the paths, twisting through the trees, picking up sticks and getting so dirty. Megan thought the red dirt was the perfect thing to play in. What a rascal.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful place. I had no idea there was a "little grand canyon" in Georgia. Glad you are enjoying discovering Georgia!

The Seaquist Family said...

Ok you are quick...I was just on your blog about 2 minutes ago and came back to link to Amy's and there is a GREAT new family picture. I love it. How can I get my kids to do that! What an adorable family. Miss you guys. Beautiful "grand" canyon. I too can't wait to explore the wonder of North Carolina.

Staci said...

I love your family pictures! All those cute smiles. And those pictures of the little grand canyon. Amazing.

Geneva said...

Did I miss something? Are the Seaquists going to North Carolina? Why am I not privy to these things?

Geneva said...

ps Gorgeous photos lisa!

Anonymous said...

I love your new family picture!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics. how fun to explore and have visitors. we need to do more of that! look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Sarah Walton said...

that looks pretty cool. fun to explore. And yes, i too love the new family pic . . .Everyone looks so adorable!

Lori said...

Love the pictures! I have a slide show on my blog of the Grand Canyon and these pictures are even prettier. What kind of camera do you use for all these great shots?
I am thinking of buying the Canon Rebel.
Lori