Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 20, 2008

on board the disney wonder


Bon Voyage! We were so excited about our 3 day Disney cruise. It was the perfect end to a busy Disney week. Not too much time for relaxing though... so many things to take advantage of on the ship... lots of food, great entertainment, three pools, a movie theater, characters to meet, and kids clubs with non-stop activities and places to hang out.

Pool fun. The Disney Wonder was the nicest ship we've been on. The amenities on board were amazing and so kid friendly. The kids enjoyed the mickey shaped pool and water slide, seeing characters, and walking over to get fresh fruit and ice cream whenever they wanted. The pool side food was great. Panini's, great sandwiches, fresh fruit, salads, big cookies... Yum.

I love Mickey! Can you believe it? Mickey and Minnie came cruising with us... along with all their pals. Mickey and Minnie were cute together. They kept hugging, blowing kisses and looking shy. Adorable. Everyday Mickey and Minnie had on different outfits... cruise attire, pirate clothes, beach gear.

ARrrrrr! I'm a pirate! One night we had a 'Pirates IN the Caribbean' party. The kids wore pirate bandannas while we ate. Jim and Marisa ordered escargot and almost all the kids tried it! (No, I did not.) Megan eagerly tasted it... and then that's her face when she was told it was a snail. Later she said, "I ate a snail and it was squiggly in my mouth but it was kind of good and it was a snail."

The food and service on board was amazing. We rotated through three different restaurants, Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay and Triton's and since we had such a large party had the biggest and best table location in each restaurant. Our servers followed us to each assigned restaurant. Jim, Marisa, Chris and I sat in the middle of the large table and had all the kids on each end so we could manage the chaos... but pretty soon we realized there was no chaos. The servers catered to our children's every need. They bent down to review the menu with them, got them countless chocolate milk refills, cut up their meat, gave them mickey shaped ketchup on a separate plate for their fries, showed them where the bathroom was... When Chris or I was holding Luke they were quick to come over and cut up our meat too. It was nothing short of perfect. Our drink server was pretty shocked when we said no wine, no coffee, no tea. What do you drink? he asked. We kept him busy enough with our tricky diet coke/lemonade and sprite orange juice combos and of course chocolate milk and more chocolate milk for the kids.

The kids loved their kids menus with pizza, mickey shaped pasta, mickey chicken noodle soup... they had a lot of choices and were always happy. McKenna and Ryan checked out things from the adult menu too. Ryan liked ordering a Caesar salad, wanted to try Ratatouille, and tried out a couple more appetizers. Our meals were amazing. Soooo much fun to eat and eat and eat!

The other highlight of the cruise was the entertainment. Every night we had amazing performances. The Golden Mickeys - The Toy Story Musical - and Disney Dream. Fabulous sets, perfect costumes and of course what could be better than seeing all of our favorite disney characters singing and dancing. Megan took on the important role of announcing every new character that came out on stage... all with the perfect animated squeal. We all loved it.

Our review of the whole cruise...
Let's go again!!

4 comments:

Sarah Walton said...

Your whole trip sounds so fun! Cruises are always a blast, and when you combine cruising AND Disney, well, what could be better? A Disney Cruise is definitely on our To Do list. I love how kid friendly everything sounds! What a great vacation.

Jamie C. said...

It was so fun to come home and read all about your trip! Wow, what a week! I especially loved reading about the cruise. I recalled many memories from ours when I was 8...especially the Disney characters in different outfits! Something your kids won't soon forget I'm sure! I'm glad you guys had a fabulous time! Where to next for you globe trotting Johnsons? :)

Marilee said...

Lisa it looks like you guys had SUCH a great time on your trip!!! We can't wait to go on ours in 2010! Will you guys be ready for it again? I can't wait to have my kids read your blog in the morning! They'll love it! So sorry about the Epcot day. Its horrible to live in fear of who is gonna be sick next. I usually sleep with a bucket next to my bed and the bedroom door wide open so I can run when I hear the moans and coughs. I'm sooooo happy for you that no one else got sick! Glad you had such a Magical Time! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast, but have a lot of scrapbooking ahead of you! We are jealous you visited Atlantis. It sounds so nice to be somewhere tropical. Love ya, Ash