Johnson Family

Johnson Family

December 10, 2008

A trip to the Farm

Tuesday for Megan's preschool we went to a farm for pony rides. Megan was so excited. She took a turn riding the pony, had fun being pulled in the pony cart, enjoyed the horsie tire swing, ran around the open fields and through the red barn with her friends and made smores... well, she burnt a marsh mellow till it was black and flaky and then decided just the Hershey's chocolate bar was all she needed for a good snack. She's been asking if we can go back every day since.

Luke was tired and seemingly ready for a nap when I pulled up to the farm, but one look as I opened the van door and he was up for the adventure. He had so much fun wandering around. He's a pretty good walker but these uneven farm fields had him wobbling and falling down a lot. He didn't mind though. He was too interested in the wandering cats and dog, the pony and cart, standing (at a safe distance) in the barn to study the horses, and trying to figure out a way into the circular fenced off pony ride. He was so eager and frustrated that the pony lady was sure he needed a turn. He loved it. When I asked him if he wanted to come to me he just pointed at the horse. After his ride he was even more determined to get back in there. It was a fun morning. Just what we needed... a break from the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun! I guess that's one of the benefits of living in Georgia in December...you can still do outside activities. Megan is looking so old!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Love your pregnancy note too. I'm sure you still don't even look pregnant! Only 11 more days till we get there!!

Shelley said...

Horses are fun. The kids are so adorable. Looks like everyone had a good day! So sorry we can't come to Emmy's party...I would love dressing up like a princess!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, SO much Fun!!! I love horses! Luke an Megan are both so cute!!!

Sarah Walton said...

We are so excited to see you guys! Especially that cute little Lukey!

Jennifer said...

My sister-in-law has that horse swing in her back yard. I so totally love it. If only I had a good tree to hang it from in our backyard. Wait a minute. If only I had a backyard. One step at a time right!

Dr. Awesome said...

1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then "add image" it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the "picture" gadget. Also, don't forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.


micah,

Nikole said...

That looks like such a fun day. I haven't looked at blogs forever. Megan and Luke are so cute. The weather looks a little too nice for December . . .