
Chris had a great weekend with the kids... with only one minor accident. Katie, while climbing up to reach her ballet leotard and tights on the highest shelf by the back door, tumbled down and landed on her wrist. Ouch! Just by the way she was gingerly holding it Chris could tell it was a buckle fracture.
After ballet and before soccer practice, Chris ran with Katie, Emily, Megan and Luke to get her hand scanned, diagnosed it himself and over to the ER to get a splint... all in the record time of 30 minutes. (So many perks of having a husband in Radiology.) Boy, am I glad it happened while I was out of town instead of while Chris was out of town. He's a pro at handling the kids, especially during emergencies. After the ER they drove back up to get Ryan at soccer practice and straight up to the airport to pick up me.
Two days later Chris took Katie in to work with him to get her cast. This marks the first cast any of our kids have had! She picked blue. Ryan said, "Katie, I'm so proud to be your brother. You're going to be famous at school now." She'll have the cast for two to three weeks.
Chris sent me the x-rays from work because he thought they would be fun to post... Can anyone see the fracture? I sure couldn't! I think the bone has to be actually sticking outside of the skin for me to see a problem.

7 comments:
Your kids are so cute. Katie looks darling even with a cast on!
Poor Katie, She looks too happy to have a broken wrist. When I thought I had a broken wrist cause the ER docs told me I did, I had to wear a splint and it drove me nuts. When I finally went to the real doctor and they told me it wasn't broken I was SOOOOOO happy! Anywho, hope she heals quickly AND the Ryan's prediction comes true!
Oh, yeah. I can see it. It's that greyish blob that's a little out of place, right?
Katie, I bet that hurt. You're pretty brave. I had a cast on my right arm once too.
Not fun! I know how she feels. Love the photos wish I had mine to scan in. I am going to try and get mine super cool. I couldn't see the break, you should have Chris right a post and explain where it is. Sounds like you had so much fun on your trip.
Katie, so sorry about your arm! I have never broken a bone so I don't know how it feels, but you seem like you were so brave! Hope it heals fast for you. You don't usually see ballerinas with a cast on!
I'm totally with Ryan. I wanted a cast so bad while I was in school becuase I knew it would make me famous!!!!! Think of all the great signatures she will get to collect!
Katie - you are very brave. Tyler is sooo happy that you picked a blue cast. You are so cute! We love you.
Post a Comment