We took these pictures in our backyard on Christmas Eve morning and quickly sent out the invites through email to family and friends. Getting baptized in snowy December, and GERMANY no less, will hopefully make her baptism memories even more special!
Emily was lucky to be baptized on her actual birthday! She had lots of primary friends and leaders from church come and support her.
Emily asked her Dad and Grandpa to give the talks. Chris spoke on Baptism and had cut out footprints with different ‘steps’ on them as a pathway from baptism to eternal life. After he talked about each step and placed the pathway down through the aisle he explained to Emily that she wouldn’t have to walk on the path alone. Then he held one of her hands and had me come up and hold her other hand and together we walked down the path. I tried not to cry, but of course it was no use. It represented our goals of leading and guiding our children as they make important decisions along their path to eternal life. It was a very special memory… one that I will always remember. (Thank you, honey.) Emily says… “On Dad’s talk, there was one step that said PRAYER, another that said READ SCRIPTURES, one that said REPENT, one that said GO TO YOUNG WOMENS and lots more… The footsteps led me to the door. Before he put the paper steps on the ground he told me to take one step all the way to the door… but it was too far, so I couldn’t.”
Emily was baptized by her Dad. {Emily said, “I’m glad that my Dad could baptize me. The water was warm and when I was finished and walking up the stairs towards Mom, I felt the Spirit. I felt really good.”}
Grandpa spoke of the Holy Ghost and gave Emily a bag full of symbols in which to understand the Holy Ghost better. {Emily says… “The bag had pieces of paper, money, a blanket, a glove, a whistle, a compass and a flashlight. He gave me examples of how the Holy Ghost is like each of those things.”}
Emily did a great job bearing her testimony. {Emily says, “ There was a bunch of people watching me so I was kind of nervous but I felt like I did a good job and I was proud of myself for doing it.}
Refreshments were all brown and red… brownie cupcakes, Oreos, pretzel hugs with red m&ms, red candies, and cookies.
Chris put together this slideshow for everyone to watch while Emily was getting dressed. We love our Emily!
So wonderful to be able to have Grandma and Grandpa here for Emily’s special day.
7 comments:
Such a wonderful day! We loved being there with Emily on her special birthday and baptism day.
Such a beautiful 8 year old!
Beautiful and special baptism. Love hearing all the details and Emily's memories of it. So fun to see the video. What a doll.
Emily congratulations on being baptized! That is soo great! It is so neat that you got to be baptized in Germany! You look so pretty in your dress! I miss you!
Lots of love,
Elizabeth
P.S.
I'm finally getting a little sister :)
Wow! I love that you took the pictures in the snow. Perfect. What a perfect day for Emily. Congratulations Emily on turning 8 and making such great choices. She is just so grown up.
Way to go Emily!
Don't worry that I'm bawling my eyes out right now. What great talks! That slideshow was so cute...but when did she start looking so grown up? Congrats Emmy! We love you to pieces.
That made me cry! Sure love that little girl! Glad you guys had such a special day!
Post a Comment