Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 8, 2011

On our way

We choose to drive the ‘little bit longer – but much more scenic’ way to Venice right by Italy’s Dolomites.  The drive was so gorgeous I thought it deserved it’s own post.

German countryside…German countryside

We drove a couple hours to the Neuschwanstein Castle… no time to tour it… just a quick peak from the bottom.  The yellow castle is the Hohenschwangau Castle close by.

              castle yellow flowers yellow castle castle Nikole Lisa

The Neuschwanstein Castle in the distance…  such beautiful countryside.  I love it!

Fields with castle2 Fields Chris Lisa

This is Forggensee Lake, close to the Hohenschwangau Castle. We’ve been here a couple times to walk around…

lake Lake Lindsey Lisa Ashlyn

After our little stop we got on the road again heading for Venice.  The entire drive was picturesque… every time we’d come over another hill or turn a corner we’d have to stop our great conversations to say “Holy Cow – just LOOK at this!” and then resume talking. It was definitely a fun travel day.  No kids – just great talks and beautiful countryside.

driving6                 driving2 drivingdriving3 driving4 driving5

6 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Wow Lisa so beautfiul!!!

The Starbuck Family said...

These are so beautiful. I am always amazed at how many castles there are over there, they all look so enchanting. Thanks for sharing. We miss you guys!!

Ash said...

It really was the prettiest drive I have ever taken.

Amy Silva said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! You look incredible.

elisha said...

Funny to see those pictures and think, "I've been there". It truly is beautiful country!

Marilee said...

I'm sure I've commented about this before but i LOVED the Neuschwanstien Castle! One of my FAVORITE things in Germany!!