After Matthew’s birthday party we quickly got ready to head to France for the afternoon. It is crazy to think we live this close to France… just an hour and fifteen minutes takes us to another country. We parked at the train station and then walked through the city to get to the main square. I loved all the cute boutiques we saw on the way. Some seriously cute stuff… but we didn’t go in anywhere… just window shopping today. I’m dying over all that purple stuff though. Below, Emily is standing next to a cute baby clothes store with baby dolls showing off the clothing.
One of the main squares in town. I love those skinny little buildings squished next to each other.
I love that fabulous red door to the Notre Dame Cathedral. The Cathedral is gorgeous inside too.
After checking out the inside, we paid the fee to climb the stairs to the top of the Cathedral for the view. Here’s everybody on a ledge half way up.
The courtyard above is where Chris, Katie and Ryan ice skated when we came for the Christmas market.
After checking out the view from the top we walked around to find a creperie, ordered, and took a seat on the grass of this picturesque French square. Chris got an egg one that he liked. Ryan loved his strawberry jam one. My chocolate crepe was ok, but definitely not ‘right outside of the Eiffel Tower- good.’ Still, it was the ‘French’ thing to do. Even better were the fresh croissants with chocolate inside… now those were good.
5 comments:
What?! Only an hour and 15 minutes? I can't even get to Atlanta in that time, much less another country. Seriously, you guys are so blessed to have this experience. Everything looks beautiful. Love Luke's little thumbs up in the family picture=)
Love the pictures...looks so different than when the kids were ice skating...both springtime and Christmastime are magical in that cute city!
I haven't read in such a long time and I'm finally all caught up! As usual looks like you guys are taking full advantage of living in Europe! So so fun! We need to chat soon and set our dates for coming next spring! Yes, we are still planning to come! I get giddy just thinking about it! Anyway, glad you guys are having such fun! And did I read along the way that you were going to Venice? Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! XOXO Love and Miss you!
Oh, I want to go back! I love all of the picturesque European cities that we saw. I will have to bring four other people with me next time though, to be able to survive another long trip. =)
Cool town! Great shots.
Post a Comment