We had our Father’s Day celebration in two parts this year. We ate French toast, scrambled cheesy eggs and juice before Chris left for Bishopric at 10:00. When he got home from church at 5:30 we ate dinner and then we sat him down on the couch, gave him a pile of candy bars and handed him “The Annual Father’s Day Questions” …our very favorite part of Father’s Day. We love to hear him read it out loud. The kids answer the questions one at a time without hearing each other’s answers so that we can enjoy hearing them all together. This year Chris and I were laughing so hard, tears were streaming down our faces. It was soooo fun! These answers probably won’t be that funny to you, but to us, they’re just priceless… and make Father’s Day absolutely memorable!
Traditional Father’s Day Questions
What does Dad do at work?
- Luke says… He goes on the ‘puter’ at work and he jumps on the trampoline. At work? Oh, no. And Daddy writes letters on the ‘puter’. He has a desk and he left his work shirt at work.
- Megan says… He checks people’s bones. And he maybe even tells people to eat more healthier stuff. And he tells people to be good.
- Emily says… He’s a Radiologist and I forgot what he does. He looks in people’s bodies through a computer. I saw him doing that once.
- Katie says… He’s a Radiologist. He checks bones and stuff on the computer and types what they have and what they need and stuff. He goes most days.
- Ryan says… He looks at people’s x-rays and sees if he can find cancer and stuff. He looks for spots that don’t really look like anything at all but they really mean cancer. And ya, it looks very interesting.
What does Dad do at home?
- Luke says… He eats spaghetti and he jumps on the trampoline, mmmm, oh, Daddy does silly stuff at home, and he moves the trampoline. And he hugs Ryan and hugs Lukey and Matthew, and Emily and Katie and Megan.
- Megan says… He plays games with me, he works on the computer and he goes with Ryan to the temple, he takes naps and he helps us, and he goes on fun walks with us.
- Emily says… He sometimes jumps on the trampoline with us. If he’s not on the trampoline, he’s either on his bed or at the computer.
- Katie says... He has dinner, plays games, eats, goes on Cougar Fan, plays with his iPad, watches stuff on slingbox, has Diet Mountain Dew and kisses Mom.
- Ryan says… He spends time with his family, he watches movies and plays games a lot, and he eats dinner.
What are Dad’s favorite sports?
- Luke says… Um… he likes Jesus. No, sports. Oh, he likes soccer and golf. I told ya, play golf. And he watches a family movie and Dad watches baseball and soccer.
- Megan says… I think… he likes football and basketball and soccer and golf.
- Emily says… He likes playing soccer and golf, and he likes watching basketball and football.
- Katie says… He’s our soccer coach and likes to play soccer. He likes golfing (with me). He likes watching football. He loves playing any backyard sport except our backyard is tiny now.
- Ryan says… EVERY sport. Basketball, he loves to play. Soccer, he loves to coach. Golf, he loves to play. Baseball, he loves to watch. (The Cubs) And Football he loves to watch. Go BYU!!!!
What does Dad do after you go to bed?
- Luke says… He eats donuts and spaghetti. He jumps on the trampoline a little bit and then he gets off. And he spells ‘JOHNSON’. And he writes numbers on paper.
- Megan says… He watches movies with Mom and eats popcorn. He’s so lucky. He spends time with Mom and he drinks soda.
- Emily says… He usually watches movies or sometimes does his work. His homework from work.
- Katie says… He watches movies and has desserts with Mom.
- Ryan says… He watches movies and, well, he drinks soda, makes popcorn and spends lots of quality time with Mom. He loves her very much and he has to tell us to go to bed because he wants ‘mom time’.
What does Dad like to eat?
- Luke says… He likes to eat a banana. I want a banana. Mom, I want a banana. He can eat spaghetti again.
- Megan says… He likes spaghetti and lasagna and maybe pizza. He likes popcorn and brownies and cookies.
- Emily says… Lasagna and whatever else Mom makes.
- Katie says… His favorite food is lasagna. His favorite vegetable is peas. I know him very well. He will eat anything. He likes everything but he has favorites. He loves anything German.
- Ryan says… He likes to eat lots of things… pasta, anything that mom makes. Ya, it’s true. He eats lots of food.
What does Dad do at church?
- Luke says… Dad be’s still and quiet at church.
- Megan says… He sits in his seat and he watches us. He gives speeches. He does tithing.
- Emily says… He sits up at the front and he sometimes conducts and sometimes gives talks. He goes to the man’s meeting.
- Katie says… He’s in the bishopric again so he sits up at the front and sings and conducts and stuff.
- Ryan says… He’s the 2nd counselor and he takes care of all the church business. He sits up in the front. Mom has to take care of all the kids with me and Katie. He has to stay to have meetings and work in that one room on that one computer.
Does Dad like cleaning?
- Luke says… Ya. Ok, we’re done.
- Megan says… No. Well, maybe a little bit. Well, he likes to keep our house clean.
- Emily says… Um, No, but he likes our house being clean.
- Katie says… He likes coming home to a clean house. He does clean.
- Ryan says… No, but he will do it anyway, because he loves mom so much.
Who does Dad love?
- Luke says… Lukey and Ryan and Emily and Katie and Megan and Matthew and his Daddy self.
- Megan says… He loves Mom the most, because she’s his wife. And he loves all of his kids because they play fun games with them and he’s so fun to be around. And I love him so much too!
- Emily says… The whole family… but mostly Mom.
- Katie says… Mom, Ryan, Katie, Emily, Megan, Luke, Matthew, his parents and parents-in-law, his sisters, his brother in laws and sister in laws, his great grandparents, his grandparents, his nieces and nephews, the Chuggs, the Christoffersons, the Crawfords, the Whites, the Brienholts, the Starbucks and all of his other friends and the ward and stuff.
- Ryan says… Dad loves everybody, especially me and he loves his children. But the person he loves out of everyone in the whole world is his wife and the Savior.
What does Dad like about living in Germany?
- Luke says… He likes seeing Dan. He sees Elisha and Mike.
- Megan says… He likes jumping on the trampoline with us. And he likes being in Germany because he has his kids with him. And he likes going on fun trips with us like Paris and Rome. He likes going camping. He likes the summer because he gets to spend time with his wife and his kids. I think that’s all.
- Emily says… He likes EVERYTHING cause I can’t think of anything he doesn’t like.
- Katie says… He LOVES going on trips and reading Rick Steves books. He likes living in a pretty area and learning German. He likes the German food and chocolate. He WILL love living close to the Chuggs.
- Ryan says… He loves everything about Germany… plus he loves my positive attitude about living in Germany. He loves the food and our house. He loves everything… he especially loves how close all the awesome places are to us. The only thing he doesn’t like about living in Germany is that he has to stay up super late so he can watch all the BYU games and stuff… but he will do it willingly.
I sure love you, Chris. Happy Father’s Day to you and to both of our father’s for being such great examples and great men. We love you!
7 comments:
I always love to read these. so cute how the understanding increases with each child.
that's it. I'm starting this too. Luke still makes me laugh so hard:)
This is a very fun idea! And I had no idea how much Chris LOVES jumping on the trampoline!!
Well I like seeing Chris in Germany too, Luke! So after reading this I turn to Annie and say, "What does daddy do for work?" She shrugs and says, "Put braces on people's teeth... and make money." Yes, that's the idea.
I LOVE that you guys do this. What a fun and memorable tradition! Every year that I read your Fathers Day post I think "i'm gonna do that next year" and then I forget until I read your Fathers Day post again! Could you celebrate Fathers Day early next year and then post it the week before so I can remember? :-)
Those answers are all priceless! I was laughing my head off too, even though you read us the answers before. Such a great tradition and it works so well because Chris is a great dad and husband and has such a great family!
I love this too every year. I feel like Marilee-every year I say I am going to do this and then I forget.The kids answers are just too cute!
Post a Comment