Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 27, 2012

Megan’s Circus Birthday Party

Megan and I have been having fun planning her Circus Party for a year now.  Megan decided she wanted a Circus Birthday party last year and we started coming up with ideas, made a banner, thought up food and that’s as far as we got.  With a busy spring and family coming to visit I had to tell Megan that there was no way we could do it.  She was sad but accepted it like a big girl with the surety that she’d have a Circus Party when she turned 7! 

For Megan and I the planning of it was just as fun as the party.  She’d come home everyday the last week before the party and ask what had been done for the party that day.  Then she’d giggle and jump up and down pleased with the progress and so excited for the big day.

Invitations…Megan's birthday invitation

party1 party45

Katie was in charge of the food stand.  The girls earned circus tickets by participating in each of the different activities and then could redeem the tickets for treats.  The idea was a fun one, except for the near break down when someone lost a ticket.  Katie was great about handing out extra tickets when needed to avoid catastrophe.

party10

Brownie cupcakes (our favorite), peanuts, Propel (Amy introduced us and now we’re fans), kettle corn (which was a HUGE hit), animal cookies and frosted cookies…   We had some on the buffet and some on the family room shelves which has lost almost all it’s popcorn in the picture below.   Dad had to make some more at the end of the party.

party9party2 party8party3 party5 party7 

There were 7 little girls including Megan… Naomi, Samantha, Katrina, Brooklyn, Jenna and Kirsten… but that added with a couple of excited little brothers and three helpful older siblings and it was a full {tiny} backyard.

party12 party21

Acrobat practice… flips, jumps and even hoola hooping on the tramp.  Crazy fun.

party64

Circus Coloring… all different kinds of circus pictures.

party14 party19party17 party18 party20party66 party33 party23 

party28 Silly kids… 

party25 party24 party26

Bean Bag Toss…  Emily was the ‘Circus worker’ in charge of this one…  She just loves being a ‘big kid.’

 party11 party32party29

Clown photos…

party56 party58

party39 Megan clownparty34 party31 party36 party35party59

Ring Toss…  I loved watching Matthew do the ring toss by standing over the bottles and placing them carefully on top.  He was so proud of himself.

party37 party38

After Ryan got home from his soccer game he happily donned his ‘uniform’ to be the ‘chocolate bar seller’ making his appearance just as the girls were starting to play Bingo.  He collected TWO tickets for each chocolate bar.  Everyone was so excited.

party44 party42party41

Circus Bingo… it’s just tradition.  The kids love it.

party49 party50party51 party53 party52

Samantha and Megan…

party54 

It was a fun party.  Megan got lots of fun things from her friends and definitely felt like Queen for the day…

party - frame

4 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

That is one amazing party! What a lucky girl. I love her short hair (well, shorter). Now I need to hire you to come and do Ava's party this summer. You are so talented!

Geneva said...

Love the party and decorations. Ryan's job was adorable....did you make the bow tie? I also really liked the clown pictures. I'm sure the girls had a wonderful time. I love getting my other kids involved so my kids have great memories of them at their parties.

Ash said...

Such a cute party! I have already been thinking of a circus party for Derek's first friend party in the next two years. I will have to borrow some ideas!

Shelley said...

Stupendous!!! Wish we could have been there. Love it all!