Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 4, 2012

Life is good.

Ignoring the hundred things on my growing to-do list, and tuning out the hundred things floating around in my easily distracted mind,  I decided to write thank you letters to my kids today.   

It’s been busy around here lately.   3 kids on 3 different soccer teams – two of which Chris coaches,  3 in piano lessons, 2 in Ballroom lessons, Bishopric meetings, a Circus birthday party, scout merit badges, girls camp pre-certification, a radiology conference trip, babysitting 4 friends for 5 days, activity day activities and now add to the list Stake Young Women responsibilities.  In the past 3 weeks since my call I’ve been gone a lot.  Stake dances,  presidency meetings,  girls camp meetings, youth conference planning meetings, and ward conferences – all an hour away or more since that’s where our stake center is.  My mind is constantly bouncing from ‘SHINE FORTH’ girls camp ideas, to t-shirt logos, to leadership lessons.  I LOVE IT.   It’s already been amazing.   If it’s possible, I think I’ve been drenched in the Spirit to the point of almost drowning.  But I’m exhausted, and the ability to manage this amongst our soccer schedule and laundry has yet to be mastered.

On Saturday after a Friday night stake dance and a Saturday morning camp meeting, both at the Stake center, I came home to a wonderfully clean house.  Floors mopped, rugs vacuumed, kitchen perfect.  Chris and the kids, between soccer games had really worked hard – and although this isn’t really out of the ordinary – I felt so completely grateful.   They had done it without me.   This and a hundred other things they do to help and support ME deserve to be recognized today… with thank you cards on their pillows. 

Life is good.

1 comment:

The Starbuck Family said...

Happy Mother's Day, a day late. So glad you have had a few moments this last week that your kids have spoiled you-life is good I agree. Loved looking through all your fun pictures from Spring Break. I tell ya, you Johnson's know how to vacation! I think you need to be our vacation planners=)Love you guys!