Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 20, 2012

Zip Line Park

Trying to be a ‘fun mom’ while Chris was away for five days at a ‘Radiology Conference/Golfing with Jared retreat’, I posted a list on the fridge with big black lettering that was sure to be seen when the kids got home from school on Friday afternoon.

Friday Fun Night…

  1. Oreos
  2. Zip Line Park
  3. Questions
  4. Pasta/Alfredo Sauce Dinner
  5. Games

The kids were excited… really excited.  The Oreos were on a red square plate piled high.  The seven of us had them gone in just a couple of minutes and then we were out the door to the park.  We have a park a block away but the Zip Line park is at the other end of St. Leon and even though it’s only a few minutes away, we hardly ever make it over there.

I love German parks. In general the playground equipment is unique and things we’ve never seen before.  We played for an hour and then had races back to the van.    When we got home we answered ‘end of the school year’ fun questions for their yearly folders, made and ate dinner together and then played MONOPOLY for 3 hours while the little boys watched a movie.  Whew… talk about a full night.    I think I achieved ‘fun mom’ status from everyone except Megan…  She wasn’t quick enough to the van, forgot her shoes at the slide, got mad that Emily picked them up, made a mistake on her questions, wanted to start over, threw a fit and HATED that everyone else wanted to play Monopoly for our game night.  I tried to be E X T R A patient since I was playing up the ‘fun mom’ role but she definitely did NOT think I achieved it.    I should have picked a game everyone wanted to play but that is easier said than done.  Poor girl.  It’s hard being seven.   (She and I played our own game of Ticket to Ride on Sunday afternoon and I think that helped smooth things over.)   All in all, I think it was a pretty good weekend.

park3park1park5 park9park2 park4 park8park7 park6

Love that little Matthew face…

park11

1 comment:

Dan said...

That face is awesome.