On Friday Chris and I went back to the house one last time to meet with our landlords and military housing liaison. We moved to guest housing the Monday before and had come out on Tuesday and Wednesday to finish cleaning. It was kind of sad to see the house empty one last time.
The boys making funny faces…
The Kitchen…
Upstairs in the loft…
Views of our neighborhood from the top floor…
Upstairs corner by the bathroom…
Hallway, stairs and empty living room…
Upstairs hallway leading into two bedroom…
Our huge shared family bathroom…
Master room and balcony…
The ‘blessing’ over the door that the 3 Kings would leave on our house each ‘3 Kings Day’ in January each year. C M B for the initials of the 3 Kings and 20 and 13 for each year.
Our neighbors house… Before we left we told our German friends that we’d come say goodbye. Sylvie and I cried saying goodbye to each other. I sure love her. She’s just the nicest gal and we had so much fun getting to know her and her husband and kids. Wish we had more time! It’s so hard to say goodbye.
2 comments:
It's funny how seeing that empty house makes me instantly think, "Sad." Moving in, it's exciting to see the empty house and imagine filling it. But this is sad. Sad to see that part of your lives go. I feel it just seeing the picture of that upstairs and that bathroom and we were there for like 10 days. Leaves you feeling...empty.
Also, that's a lot of work to move out of a house. Amy and I had a two-bedroom and that felt like so much work. Either I'm not ever moving or I'm only living in tiny places. I just hate the moving process.
Well documented. Good to have those pictures and those memories!
Post a Comment