
Right in front of our hotel was a boardwalk that led to a restaurant (closed for the season) and a little 'island' to explore. Boy was it windy. On the way back I asked Katie to push the stroller while I helped Megan with her shoes. Uh-oh... all of a sudden the wind pushed the stroller to the edge and the front wheels went over. I screamed. Luckily the little tiny white rope held the stroller from going over, and luckily Luke was buckled in, and luckily the water was only a foot deep. Yikes, can you imagine Chris dropping his crutches and diving off the side. Amy said she was trying to get to her camera as fast as she could but couldn't quite get the picture. Too bad. Otherwise we had fun on the boardwalk.


After exploring around Panama City we headed over to Destin and Fort Walton Beach. I think next time we go we'll stay there. Lots of fun shopping and more beautiful beaches. We made a quick stop at the outlet mall, took our sunset family picture on Fort Walton Beach, and grabbed take out from PF Changs to eat on our drive home. Our 24 hours on the Florida coast was a lot of fun.
6 comments:
What a beautiful place Lisa. You sure do know how to show your guests a good time. I'm so glad to here Luke decided to wait a little longer before going for his first swim. It reminds me of when my family was on vacation in Venice and my little sister tripped and started falling into the canal (YUCKY WATER). My Dad grabbed her by the hair before she hit the water and pulled her to safety. OUCH!
Ok, that is a bridge-not a boardwalk, and it looks terrifying, even over that beautiful, clear blue water. What a great place too have not so far from you...you can never go wrong with a day at the beach, wind or no wind! Lucky Johnson's!
Amy why are you grabbing the camera instead of sweet baby luke's stroller? Thats one dedicated photographer...or negligent auntie...haven't decided just yet...jokes Amy!
What a great 24 hours. You do know how to pack it in. It makes me miss the ocean. I am looking forward to getting to explore the beaches of the Atlantic a little more. What a scary moment with Luke. The wind must have been serious. Scary. Glad everyone is OK.
Lisa, you have such fun adventures. I was just telling Brandon that you live in a great place and why couldn't we have picked a cooler place to live. Tahoe is great and we've 'been there, done that' and there isn't really anything else to do. We live in ugly desert. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment. Love seeing all your beach pics. So cute.
What a fun trip. We are glad that Baby Lukey is safe. He is so big in your family picture.
Post a Comment