Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 6, 2008

field day

Katie and Ryan had field day on Friday. The whole school walked across the street and through the field to the High School track field. The high school band and spirit team were there with loud music and cheers for the kids and high school students coordinated all the games at each station.

Every grade had different color shirts and made class banners. It was well planned and all my kids had a lot of fun.
Ryan and his buddy Steven getting the giggles on the 3 legged race... they did great the whole way and back only to fall right before the finish line... but they still won!
This pizza box game was a hit. The first person had to carry one box, the second person two boxes etc. The last couple people were pretty funny to watch.
Katie trying to sit on and pop a balloon... but she just kept bouncing off. Her friend and teacher finally had to give her a hand.
And what field day would be complete without a parachute?
Katie thought the best best part about field day was showing off her sisters. All of Katie's friends call Emily and Megan 'Katie 1' and 'Katie 2'.
I carried Luke around on my back but when I did put him down Megan occupied his attention, patted him on the head, gave him tight hugs and squished his cheeks. What a helpful girl.


The one thing I didn't get a picture of was when Megan wandered over to the main table, pushed the button on the microphone and said, "HI!" through the speakers all over the field. That's my little rascal.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm going to go ahead and say that your school sounds quite a bit more organized than mine. It must be a Georgia vs. Utah thing. I'm glad the kids had so much fun. It's a good thing Megan was there to help you with Lukey.

Brian Foster Walton said...

I absolutely agree Lisa. A sports day is just not a real sports day unless there is a parachute. Ahh, takes me back to good old Hellings Elementary.

Jennifer said...

Oh I hate the baloon pop relay! Nothing can be worse than the anticipation of a poping balloon! I've never heard of a pizza box relay. I think that one would have been my favorite. Did the parachute remind you of our good old nursery days?

The Seaquist Family said...

What a fun school! I love it that Katie needed help with her balloon. How cute is that! And a pizza box race...brilliant. No wonder Ryan wants to stay in Georgia. Oh, and I LOVE it that Megan is quick and clever. Over the loud speaker - that is great.

Sarah Walton said...

great pictures Lisa! So fun you could take the other kids and go watch.

Staci said...

i remember field days but our didn't have those awesome games. i love your elementary school.

Marilee said...

looks like a very fun day for everyone! I love the loud speaker part! thats something Logan would do!

Ang said...

Sounds like a great day. I still can't believe you guys are wearing short sleeved things. It's still freezing here. It even snowed yesterday. It is so cute that Katie is proud of her sisters and likes to show them off to her friends. They will all be best buds as they get older.