about this conference weekend
- sleeping in and being lazy all morning... (we start at noon!)
- waffle breakfast on Saturday
- getting lots of organizing done
- being part of the solemn assembly and standing to sustain our new prophet
- the kids being so excited about working on their general conference packets
- hearing from our new apostle, Elder Christofferson
- seeing our friends Adam and Marilee on TV at the press conference!
- so many great great talks
- feeling the spirit and feeling rejuvinated and recharged!
- getting to know President Monson a little bit better
- chatting with family
- not having to wake up and get everyone ready for 9:00 church!!!
- delicious quiche for Sunday brunch
- my first time making yummy cinnamon rolls (they turned out good!)
- one of my new favorite quotes: "when we delight in serving the Lord, the Lord will delight in blessing us" - Susan W. Tanner
- crying during Elder Ballard's talk on motherhood -- especially when Katie gave me a hug right after it was over.
- spending two straight days of quality time with Chris and kids
- celebrating Megan's 3rd birthday (pictures to come...)
4 comments:
I love all of your favorite things about Conference! When we watch it at home most of these are on our favorites list too! Being there we didn't get our Sunday morning breakfast or the joy of not having to get ready for church... oh well! I especially like your favorite thing of listening to our newest Apostle speak! It was so surreal :-) Love Ya and we'll call you Tuesday night, I hope you'll be home!
It was great wasn't it? This year was especially good for me...maybe because the kids were all entertained but watching conference. Do you have BYU tv or something? How do you watch it at home? I guess I just assumed only Utah and Idaho are lucky enough for all that....maybe I'm a little behind the times!
Cute! I was traveling home on Sat, so missed that day of hanging with Scott on the couch for 4hrs. Sunday was great though. Glad your cinnamon rolls were yummy.
wasn't susan tanner's talk just... delightful. she was so positive and i was grateful for her talk. just the words cinnamon rolls make my mouth water.
Post a Comment