Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 30, 2008

amish country


Touring the Amish farm was one of my favorite days in Ohio. I just loved the fields of green grass, white picket fences, bright blue skies and red barns lining the roads. We drove an hour and a half to Berlin, Ohio and stopped at Yoders Farm to spend the day. We started with a picnic lunch, then toured the inside of an Amish home, bought cookies straight from the Amish kitchen, headed to the barn to see the animals with Eli, and then went on a horse and buggy ride through the fields. After leaving the farm, we headed into town to check out the quilt shops and craft stores and then ate at Farmstead, an authentic Amish restaurant. Chris and I tried out the Amish noodles and gravy on top of mashed potatoes and thought it was great. We also loved the homemade rolls with marshmellow creme/peanut buter spread. My kids favorite part of the day was holding the puppies and riding in the horse and buggy! It was a great day.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun family trip. I really miss the east coast. It is so beautiful out there. Katie looks so cute holding the puppy ( a puppy would be a great Christmas present).

Staci said...

okay seriously your family has the best vacations. i am jealous. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE your new family pic. it is so cute.

Nikole said...

That looks like so much fun to visit amish country. Your family picture is so cute - I guess it's probably because your family is so cute.

Jennifer said...

Did you buy any dolls? I love Amish dolls. I can't be;ieve you walked away without a puppy! (this said after spending at least three hours and much money on carpet cleaning products trying to clean out a mess Zeke left for us)

Sara said...

Ok...that is way too cool. I remember when we lived in Maryland and we drove up to PA with my parents to view Amish country...it was nothing like what you guys did. What a great trip!

Marilee said...

Looks like TONS of fun you guys! The family pictures are great too!