Ryan and Katie got the chance to be in this year's school Christmas program. Katie and all the third graders were 'singing elves'. Ryan auditioned and was chosen as one of the main elves. The music teacher send home a CD so the kids could learn the seven songs. Even Emily and Megan (and now Chris and I) know the songs completely. The program was adorable. Called 'The Elves' Impersonator' it was about the elves at the North Pole uneasy about the new and very different elf... 'ELFVIS'. They made him feel bad, he felt 'blue' and Santa and the reindeer finally helped them realize they should accept him for who he is, ending in a cute 'Santa Claus Rock'. In response to Santa's question "Where is Elfvis now?" one of Ryan's many lines was "ELFVIS has left the building!" which he did with cute elf personality. The audience laughed loudly and Ryan was soon recognized all over the school because of his funny lines.
The other day he came home from school and said, "Mom, it's kindof hard being a superstar." "Really?" I said. "Ya, everybody is always saying hi to me and asking me to say my line to them. But I always say, just wait for the show. Now a couple girls in Katie's class like me. People just won't even leave me alone." "Sounds like a hard life, Ryan." But in the same conversation he said he wished they could start a new production right away. I guess stardom isn't so bad after all.
6 comments:
Ryan I wish I could have seen the production. I loved school plays. You better believe I'm going to ask you to say your lines for me AND autograph a photo for me!
How cool. I don't think that any of the schools have done plays here. That's too bad. Does he get to make his own costume? Sounds liek tons of fun. Tell the kids we got tons (like 6 inches or so) of snow today! We miss you all. Enjoy your time with family in town.
Ryan, we always knew you would be a star! We loved hearing you sing the songs for us when we were out there. Keep singing and who knows where it will lead! Thanks for the cute Christmas card. We loved seeing our geneology! We love you all! Have fun with your family all there! Love, Grandma & Grandpa Johnson
Ryan, the star of the show. His reaction sounds like another Johnson boy I know. Someone who likes attention, has girls flocking to him, and loving every minute of it. Yeah, I might be related to someone like that.
Don't let it go to his head, but he has another admirer only this one is long distance. Hanna finally admitted to me that she has a crush on Ryan. I told her he IS pretty cute and I would have a crush on him too and that it was okay to have crushes at this age, but that you can't really like somebody until you are a lot older. Carter has teased her for a long time, and she always denies it, but she finally fessed up a few weeks ago to me!!
That sounds like so much fun. Get used to all of the attention from the girls Ryan, it is only the beginning for you.
Post a Comment