Johnson Family

Johnson Family

December 4, 2010

Christmas Tree Cutting

looking

Thinking we wouldn’t have a lot of storage here in Germany, we decided to leave our big ‘Georgia bought’ pre-lit Christmas tree in storage and opt for fresh trees for each of our three Christmases in Germany.

The first weekend in December gave us a good snowfall.  By Saturday, December 4rd, we finally got out the door to track down a Christmas tree farm and pick one out.  Most Germans put their trees up on Christmas Eve so we didn’t consider ourselves late at all.  

The temperature was 33 degrees, and even though that was warmer than it had been all week, we still froze.  We hadn’t quite picked up everything we needed to be bundled enough for winter but put on what we had… and realized we needed more!  Luckily we had already purchased the girls warm winter coats at H&M and had ordered Luke a new one on-line.

Chris was so excited to be looking for Christmas trees he could hardly contain himself.  He kept reminding me how much he LOVES picking out a fresh tree.   The kids ran around pointing out perfect trees here and there but Chris always turned them down until we finally did find ‘the’ perfect one… chopped it down and took it home for 45 euro.

 

 

emilyfamily2 chrisKatieluke Megan walkingchris and tree

7 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!

LeAnn Walton said...

What great pictures and entries. You give us such a great idea of life over there. I loved all your blogs -- clear down to Poland. What experiences. It is definitely hard not to covet.

The Starbuck Family said...

Great pictures and so much fun!!!

Elizabeth said...

That looks sooo fun! The girls look super cute in their jackets! I love H&M! miss you
-Elizabeth

Lindsey said...

I'm so with you brother...there is NOTHING like picking out a fresh tree. So many memories.

David and Mary Walton said...

I love the picture of Chris carrying the tree triumphantly! I miss the real tree sometimes...and not at others. Anyway, looks like a geat time, even if you were freezing.

Nikole said...

That brings back memories of all of the times we went Christmas tree hunting when we were younger. So fun! I think I miss the hunting more than having a real tree.