Johnson Family

Johnson Family

February 9, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 9–Daily routine

Day 9 daily routine

Laundry is a big part of my daily routine.

I miss my big Kenmore front loaders…. a LOT.  They are hanging out in a Columbus, Georgia storage unit for a three year vacation while I use a government issued standard American washer and dryer.  It’s been a hassle figuring out how to get the dryer working well enough but we figured it out and the now the process is so much faster!   The German washers are even smaller and take twice the time to wash and dry.  Luckily our house had American style hookups – with German plugs of course. 

The laundry room is in the basement while the dirty clothes hamper sits two floors up and gets completed filled every day.  It’s Emily’s job this month to take the basket downstairs every day, sort it and start another load.  With her help the laundry moves along quite well.  I let the laundry pile up enough so that I have a few loads to fold at once… that way I can enjoy another episode of my latest BBC series: Lark Rise to Candleford.  I’ve never loved laundry so much.

3 comments:

The Crew said...

I loved that series! Have you seen Downton Abbey?(One questionable part in the first episode of season 1 BUT the rest is wonderful!!!) Check it out on PBS online and Season 1 is on netflix if you have it. also the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility is really good!

Ash said...

Our dryer just broke so we are buying a new set. I'm glad you like your Kenmore because that is the brand we are going with and I know you have put it to the test over the years with the amount of laundry required in your house.

Elisa said...

That's the only way to fold laundry. Love that series!