

17 pounds 4 ounces - 75th percentile
27.5 inches - 95th percentile
head circumference 17.5 inches - 90th percentile
I love 6 months old. It just seems like he's doing something new every day. So many changes in the last month!
His hair is getting lighter. No surprise there... he is exactly what Ryan looked like at this age. Definitely two boys from the same mold.
He sits. Just before he turned 6 months old I thought I'd see how he did sitting up. I carefully balanced him and kept my hands ready. He just stayed. 10 seconds... 15 seconds... 30 seconds. He never fell down. Since that day Luke has been a pro at 'sitting'. I guess he strengthened his stomach muscles and practiced his balancing all while sitting in his bumbo for the last couple months.
He plays with his exersaucer toys more and more. Pushing the buttons, playing the music, starring at the picture of the dog, wiggling around. He has always liked being in there -- especially because he can see what's going on.
He jumps and jumps in his 'jolly jumper'. I have yet to figure out if he'll be the jumper that Megan was. Soon I'll move it into the family room so he can have more bouncing room. Right now it's in the doorway into my bathroom... and it's kind of handy there.
He eats cereal now. He is very excited every time we get the cereal and bowl out but still hasn't quite got the whole 'eating' thing down. He's learning how to open his mouth but his little tongue doesn't know what to do and just pushes the food out. What a mess.
Oh, that reminds me, he LOVES sticking his tongue out. When he's happy, it just comes out!
He loves splashing his face at the pool. His arms just go crazy splashing himself and me! He loves playing with his bath toys too. We fill the tub up about four or five inches and he plays and splashes and smiles. He doesn't mind getting washed either.
He says some new sounds. da-da-da and ba-ba and aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! The kids think he says other things too. Emily thinks he said 'bubble' today and Ryan swears that once he said 'Ryan' by accident. They know he isn't really saying it but they like to make up what it sounds like and then laugh and laugh. Boy, does he get a lot of attention around here.
He sleeps in his big crib finally, in his own room, on the other side of the house. I think he loves his bed. When he's tired I just lay him down with his soother, give him his blanket (usually the light blue fleece one) and he pulls it up to his face, rolls on his side and falls asleep. It's adorable.
He does not roll. I mean, he has rolled, but not a lot. If anything he rolls from his back to his stomach and then he's stuck and frustrated. One of the girls will always come to his rescue and sit him up so why does he even need to roll?
He just got his first two teeth yesterday. His siblings are so impressed.
He just learned how to squeal/scream and is very proud of himself. He does it a lot now because he knows he'll get attention and that the kids will laugh.
He loves attention. When random people come up and start talking to him his face lights up and he just smiles. Everyone says he's so happy.... he just loves it when people talk to him.
He likes it outside. He's happy when we take him out to the trampoline and bounce him and when he swings on the baby swing on our playset.
He giggles when we do peek-a-boo and patti-cake and when Chris picks him up and jiggles his tummy on Chris' head. So cute.
5 comments:
Luke is so cute! I am def gonna miss him when I leave for school. I hope my kids will be as cute as yours!
What a cute little guy! He has those gorgeous Johnson eyes. Can you believe how fast they are growning up? Chase used to translate for me when Kate was a baby, I thought it was too cute.
You are just too cute little Luke! Can I please have one of those cute pictures? Love you all!
What a cutie! He difinitely gives me flashbacks to the Ryan era when we lived by you guys. Hey...wait why don't you live by us again? Oh yeah that commitment to the military!
Luke is such a funny little guy. I love that he sticks his tongue out like that.
Post a Comment