Johnson Family

Johnson Family

June 6, 2008

That's MAJOR Johnson to you!

The kids are I went down to the hospital this afternoon to be a part of Chris' rank advancement ceremony.

It was like church... me with the five kids and Chris up front watching us -- except that at church there are lots of people with five kids... here everyone has to state the obvious and say "You have five kids!" like I didn't notice myself. The kids were great though-- except that Luke was TOO happy during all the formal 'stand at attention' parts and Megan kept standing at attention on top of her chair with that angelic 'what are you going to do about it in front of all these people' smile.

One of the other Radiologists spoke on Chris' behalf and said... "It's been a big year for Major Johnson. Eleven months ago Major Johnson was taking his oral boards. Since that time he has moved across the country, had a baby, had hip surgery and become chief of the Radiology department."

The hospital commander invited me to come up with him and place the new major patch on Chris' uniform. Of course Megan wanted in on the fun and had to come pose for pictures too.

Chris is happy to be major now since he was the only Captain in meetings with all of the other department chiefs. He has been chief of the Radiology department now for four or five months. He's in charge of 85 employees and a four million dollar budget. It's a lot of paperwork, email traffic, meetings, office politics and believe it or not 'general hospital drama'... to sum it up it is time consuming and frustrating. -- but on the positive side... he got a new office. A bigger workspace, an additional table and chairs for the girls to sit and color on when we go visit, and his own bathroom. Talk about perks.

After the ceremony we went downstairs where some of his support staff threw him a party. We walked into one of the fluoro rooms where a tablecloth was laid over the patient bed with cakes and party supplies. Cracks me up. It was fun to say Hi to everyone he works with and be there for his special day. Congrats Major Johnson.


7 comments:

Shelley said...

You are just the cutest major ever! We are proud of you!

Ang said...

Wow! That's a pretty exciting title! Lisa - how do you always end up looking so cute! I'd love to drop by and see you without your hair done sometime! Hee hee! I bet you even look cute in the morning when you first wake up. If only the rest of us could keep up (*sigh*)!

Jennifer said...

You didn't mention the "perk" of a sweeter pay check!! YEAH!

Veronica said...

Hi, you don't know me but I'm a friend of Staci's and I stumbled upon your blog through her blog. I love to read people's blogs who live in the south. I am from Houston (currently in UT) and it makes me feel less homesick when I read about southern stuff and southern places. BTW I think y'all may be stationed where my sister used to be. Her husband is Army also. Small world! Your kids are so cute:)

Ellie said...

Way to go brother johnson! and i hope you're feeling better sister johnson-we missed you at church today!

Amy Silva said...

Chris, you are so important! Congrats.

The Seaquist Family said...

How fun. Now Derek on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it (except the pay of course). He just changed out his rank and said nothing and waited to see how long it took his department to notice. Too funny. He said it took them a couple of hours. Then again, how often does a pathologist really leave their office so that someone could notice. Loving being Major though! And moving as a Major is even better (at least I'm told so).