Johnson Family

Johnson Family

February 14, 2012

Emily’s Love Life

Boy did I get an ear full today.   Emily came bouncing in the house with a huge red heart shaped box of chocolates and a large pink sealed envelope.  “It’s from Andrew!” she said with a smile.

Valentine

{Just the night before, when Emily was preparing her Valentines, she told me that 3 boys liked her.  Andrew, Sheffield and Brayden.  

Earlier in the year Sheffield declared that he liked Emily.  She doesn’t remember the details because it was right at the beginning of the year – but it’s just common knowledge now, I guess.

A couple months ago in the cafeteria at lunchtime Sheffield said, “Emily, Andrew likes you.  Believe me, he likes you!!”  Then Andrew got all red and he was smiling and said, “No, I don’t.”   But then 30 seconds later Andrew said, “Now I have two girlfriends.  One in Texas and her.”  pointing to Emily.   Then Emily piped up and said, “I’m not your girlfriend, you just have a crush on me!”  Go Emily!

A little while later, again in the cafeteria, Emily’s table was spinning a bottle (seriously?) and playing truth or dare.  The bottle spun to Brayden and he picked truth.   Someone asked him, “Who do you like in this class?” and Brayden looked right at Emily (who was sitting right beside him) and said “I LOVE YOU EMILY!!!   …because you’re pretty and smart and nice and funny!!”   Wow, how’s that for a declaration. }  

Today ANDREW got into the classroom earlier than Emily and quickly hid his chocolates and card inside her desk.  After two minutes of her sitting at her desk, Andrew said, “Just look in your desk already!!”   She told me she opened her desk, was surprised and said, “someone gave me a big heart box!”   “Ya, it was me!” Andrew said smiling.

Sheffield immediately turned to Andrew and said, “Oooooh, you LIKE her” and then Emily quickly said, “you do too, Sheffield”. Then he got really embarrassed.

Emily opened the card and chocolates after she told me the whole story.  Then I asked, “So, which one do you like?” She responded with a clarification. “Like or like like?” “Well, let’s see, how about ‘like like’?”  “None of those guys. I ‘like’ all those guys but I ‘like like’ a boy named Ryan. “Does he ‘like like’ you?” “Seems like he does, but he hasn’t said anything about it.”

And there you have it… all of Emily’s 3rd grade Valentine details.

Valentine Emily2

11 comments:

Shelley said...

I can totally see why all the boys like like Emily. I like like her too! Just a preview of what you have in store for you!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

That is adorable!!! So fun for her!

The Starbuck Family said...

That is so sweet!

The Seaquist Family said...

Too cute. I have a story very similar to that about my Ryan. I'll eventually blog it! She is just so grown up!

Amy Silva said...

Love that. You rock, Emily.

Lindsey said...

Oh dear. It starts early doesn't it. There's almost nothing I love more than elementary school romance drama.

Geneva said...

ADORABLE!! You are so lovable Emily!

Geneva said...

ADORABLE!! You are so lovable Emily!

Elisa said...

This story terrifies me about having three girls, but it was so cute! I can see why all the boys adore her. And it looks like she handles it well!

Ash said...

You go girl!

Roblesuuyh said...

That is so sweet!