Johnson Family

Johnson Family

February 29, 2012

February at a Glance

  • Feb 1… Recipe Club at Heidi’s house.  Theme: desserts!
  • Feb 2… Emily made Enchiladas for dinner.  Love that she loves to help out in the kitchen!
  • Feb 3… Out to dinner with Emma and Ben – to our favorite German restaurant and then back to play games with Megan and Kevin. 
  • Feb 4… Our turn to clean the church on Saturday morning.  Megan off to Brooklyn’s Animal Birthday party.
  • Feb 5… Introduced ‘DIVINE NATURE’ to the YW and then went into RS to talk about being ‘WOMEN OF VISION’ and present our family timeline.
  • Feb 8… Over to Geneva’s for her ‘Skinny Dipper’s – Chocolate dipping Party”. We all brought yummy things to dip in yummy German Milka bars and went home with a box and plate full of great treats.  It was fun to get to visit with our friend Stephanie and meet some of the other gals in their ward.  A very delicious day!

003 copy_thumb[1]

  • Feb 9… a Pottery Shopping Trip to France with friends to celebrate Yvonne’s birthday.  Love her.
  • Feb 10… a Saturday with the Chuggs.  Out to eat yummy Thai food with Jared and Geneva and then over to their friends house for a party.  Great food and a funny ‘Newly Wed Game’ to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
  • Feb 14… Fun family Valentine’s dinner.  Everyone got a little red bag with some surprises in it.  Chocolates and nail polish and lip gloss for the girls. (Katie had to get hers later – she was at Ballroom lessons and going straight to the church for Activity Days)  iTunes money and chocolate for Ryan.  Water animals and chocolates for the boys.  Chris gave me a wonderful card and a German fresh flower arrangement.  I gave Chris an idea… how about we go see Coldplay perform live in Munich?  Tickets are purchased for September!  Fun night.

Valentine's Dinner2Valentine's Dinner1  Valentine's Dinner4 

  • Feb 15… RS Meeting: ‘How to Quilt’ night.
  • Feb 16… 101 Days of School Party.  I joined Megan’s class to help celebrate the 101st Day of school.  Mrs. Dysinger had arranged tons of stations and the kids, with their checklists in hand, rotated through and had a day full of fun.  I helped out with the “When I am one hundred and one” essay and art project.  Megan’s says “When I am one hundred and one I will have gray hair and blue eyes.  I will have 5 dogs and I will sew all the time and have 15 grand children.”

 100 days 100 days essay

100 days snack

  • Feb 20… President’s Day.  No school.  Katie off to Amanda’s 12th birthday party.  (her best friend)
  • Feb 21… Awards ceremony at the Middle School. Ryan and Katie got on the Principals Honor Roll (Straight A’s). Plus Katie won the award for top student in 6th grade in Reading Class.   Here’s Katie with one of her best friends… Amanda.  Amanda bought Katie the striped sweater as an early birthday present so they could match.
    Katie and Amanda2
  • Feb 24… Megan’s LIVE MUSEUM.  She got to pick who she researched out of a list of important historical people.  She picked Ruby Bridges.  She (with a little help from Dad) researched and wrote her speech.  Then she practiced and memorized the whole thing by herself – which wasn’t a prerequisite for the first graders, but she decided she wanted to do it.  She did such a good job.  At the LIVE museum the kids all stood on chairs and had a button below them which said, “Press the button to hear more about me”  Whenever someone would press the button she would say her first person speech about Ruby Bridges.  She did it 27 times that day.  She was adorable!!

Ruby Bridges

  • That night we went to a FUN FUN couples party to celebrate some fabulous friends birthdays.  Chris and I put together some ‘minute to win it’ games that were a hit.  We laughed and laughed.  Good times.
  • Feb 25…Megan off to ‘Jump-In’ for a friend’s birthday party.   Ryan had a friend over to play games.  Drove to K-town for the adult session of Stake Conference with Ben and Emma since Chris was on-call. 
  • Feb 26… Enjoyed Regional Stake Conference at our own building.  It was a broadcast from Salt Lake for all of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  Two speakers spoke in German and were translated into English for us.  Elder Russel M. Nelson and President Eyring spoke and ancestors from Switzerland and Germany.  Fabulous.
  • Feb 28… Katie’s FIRST New Beginnings!!  ARISE and SHINE FORTH.

4 comments:

Silvs said...

Oh man, I just love you guys. Loved your Katie post, and I'm so jealous you guys are going to see Coldplay. I'm secretly hoping that we can get ourselves somewhere to see them play when they tour here.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

So good catching up on your fun posts. What fun things you are doing and experiencing. I must admit Coldplay live in Munich yes jealous!

Ash said...

Fun month of activities. Way to go Megan!

Anonymous said...

Okay this is weird. Feb 24th Megan's LIVE muesem. Tonight I was looking through pictures of Ruby Bridges for my school WAX MUESEM PROJECT and came across her. I wanted to read about this so I clicked on the pic and even though I'm 4th and she's 1st grade, I am doing the exact same thing. I have to remember a first person speech and recite it whenever someone presses the button. What a coincidence!