We’re really going to miss having this fourth floor attic. It’s one of the areas we love about this German house. We started with 3 girls in this space but last summer switched everyone around and gave it to the boys. Ryan’s area is around the corner by the bathroom but the little guys get the rest of it. We’ve shifted the furniture all over the place every few months… which has been really fun for the boys. It’s just amazing how exciting that can be.
Yep, the boys are sleeping on toddler’s beds still. Matthew got out of his crib a while ago now but we weren’t ready to buy new beds (European beds are a different size anyway) so we bought these toddler bed frames since we had 2 crib mattresses and it’s worked great. Once we get back to the states then the boys are anxious for “bunk beds where Luke sleeps on the top and I sleep on the bottom so I don’t fall off” says Matthew. Sounds like a plan.
You can imagine that with two toddler beds inches apart from each other that bedtime is pretty giggly. If they’re put to bed at a decent time then they can have a little “Laughing time” before they fall asleep. If we want them to head straight to sleep (usually) then we put one of them in my bed and I carry them up after they are asleep.
The roof goes right down to the edge of the carpet on both sides and gives this attic some really cool spaces. From where I’m taking the picture in the picture above, if I turn around then you’ll see the Geotrax area. Usually massive sets are set up and ready to play. Very cool. I don’t think we’ll ever have a space for them like we’ve had in this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment