Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 23, 2013

Travel Map

travel map-1

While the movers were here I pulled down the last thing to go… our map of Europe. We put our map up a little while after we moved here… downstairs in the hallway in between the laundry room and the bonus room.  Every time we visited a new city we’d put up a new pin.  I know these pictures don’t exactly capture everywhere we went but the full list is in the ‘EUROPEAN TRAVELS’ tab on the top of the blog.  It’s a pretty extensive list and we’re so grateful that we’ve been able to see as much of Europe as we have.   What a great adventure we’ve had.

map-2

Most of the pins color coordinated by country.  Germany is red.  France is blue. Italy is green.   Etc.   Our Map helped all of us get a better picture of Europe.  Living in Germany definitely has it’s perks.  It’s so central to all of Europe!

map-12

map-4map-9

A sideways shot of all those pins…

map-5

After the first year I printed out photos of some of the places we’ve been as a border.  Cinque Terre, the Zugspitze, Paris, German countryside, Venice, the Heidelberg Castle, Rothenburg, Florence, Holland, Paris, the Linderhof Palace, and Rome – just to name a few.

map-6map-8map-10map-11

For our last 4 day weekend we’re headed down to Bavaria.  No new pin for this trip… we’ve been there multiple times, but it was our first trip after getting here to Germany and it only feels right to be our last as well.

4 comments:

The Starbuck Family said...

I LOVE your map! I still can't believe what amazing travelers you guys are. So neat to be able to pass that everyday and be reminded of all the great memories from those trips. Such a fun idea.

Silvs said...

Oh man. You guys are the ultimate party-ers. (I have no idea how to spell that.) My goal is that our family can one day party as hard as you guys.

Ash said...

I'd say you've done well getting as much in as possible!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Fantastic idea . . . now when you move you should hang it up and put ones of all the wonderful places you have visited in the US and other parts of the world your cruises etc it would be neat to see everywhere you have been!!!