Johnson Family

Johnson Family

October 19, 2007

FHE Ice Cream

We are 'on again-off again' family scripture readers. After conference, once again, we decided to make some family goals. The first... reading the Book of Mormon as a family... everyday at dinnertime. To help us stay motivated and because I am who I am... we made a chart. Oh yes, a chart. And not just any chart, a really short 'I know we can do it' chart, with seven spaces. We decided if we read scriptures for seven days without missing... we would celebrate with ice cream next FHE. Special ice cream... ice cream cones from Marble Creamery with sprinkles, gummy bears and the works and even our very own Gazebo to sit and enjoy them. Now we are on to our next chart... oh yes, another chart... this time with 14 spaces. We will make this a habit... and have fun along the way!



6 comments:

Amy Silva said...

Ok, I scanned the pictures before reading this and I seriously thought you had put that gazebo in your back yard!

Geneva said...

You look way too cute and thin to be that pregnant. I can't believe your almost done! Oh we read scriptures at dinner time too, its still hard though on the nights we eat out and have soccer do you have any great ideas for those nights?

Sarah Walton said...

Seriously, Lisa! You look so good! That ice cream looks pretty good as well!

Marilee said...

Great idea! And I'm sorry but I don't see your new sized butt and thighs! You ALWAYS look great pregnant!

Jennifer said...

I still remember how much the ice cream idea and Chris's talk that one sacrament meeting long ago inspired us to do the same. You always have such great ideas.

Elisha and Scott said...

What cute ideas. I always ask Scott if we will every be as cleaver as you and come up with our own ideas or just use all of yours.