Luke: “You know who’s better than the best?” Mom: “Who?” Luke: “R2D2! He’s AWESOME! He says ‘beep, beep, beep and the shiny robot (C3P0) says. ‘what on earth are you talking about?” Luke’s in a big Star wars kick right now. Loves it.
Luke’s prayers just crack us up all the time. “Please bless that we can eat potatoes.” “Please bless that we can play Wii, go to the movie theater, that we won’t fight or scrunch each other.” “Please bless that my friends can come over to my house like Spencer and Sammy and that we can play together and that Ryan can have his friends come over and play too.”
Luke and Matt do a great job playing with each other – not perfect, but pretty good. They like to play in the tub with their water animals, dress in Spiderman costume, watch a show and eat fishy crackers, play Geotrax, play Wii, play playdoh, go to the park, jump on the trampoline, color pictures, play on Starfall.com
Now that it’s summer time the sun is up a lot later than what we’ve been used to. When I said to Luke at 7:30pm, “Time to get ready for bed!” Luke said: “What?” Me: “Yep, bedtime.” Luke: “Mom, you don’t know anything!!!” Me: Whoa. That’s not nice. Say sorry.” Luke: “Sorry. but am I the only one seeing the sun right now??”
Luke: “Mom, Matthew accidentally touched it on accident and I accidentally touched it on purpose.”
Luke still hasn’t mastered the whole wiping his own behind after he goes to the bathroom. One day (in March) Luke called to me from the bathroom “Mom come and wipe my bum!” Feeling frustrated about constantly going in to help him and busy with something I said, “You do it!” Then a minute later I wandered in to see how he was doing. “So, how’s it going, Luke?” Luke: “Well, I wiped one bum, now I need to wipe the other.” I guess he needs more practice.
Luke: “Matthew, you’re the cutest big boy I ever had.”
Luke: “That applesauce is 1 yummy but this berry sauce is 31 yummy!!!” Luke likes to assign numbers to how he feels about things… one day he said to Katie… “You’re 150 beautiful!” Katie: “Oh, thanks Luke. You’re 150 awesome.” It was a sweet moment for Katie until Luke walked over to Megan and said, “Megan, you’re 190 beautiful.”
I was reading a story to Luke about Samuel the Lamanite and I said, “Samuel is telling the people ‘DON’T BE BAD, BE… and Luke said “…HAVE!” That wasn’t what I was going for but it works too. Just behave!!
Luke: “Matthew, we’re going to have scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs is not only eggs. It’s eggs and scrambled stuff to make it yellowy and that makes it so so gooder.”
Luke came in crying and rubbing his forehead after a fall. Megan said, “WOW, Luke, that’s really red!!” right before I bent down and kissed it – like a good Mommy should, right? Luke was mad. “Mom, I wanted to see the red mark and now it’s going to be gone!!” I love his faith in a Mommy’s kiss.
It was quite hot the other day and our house, without air conditioning, was pretty warm. When Chris helped Luke get ready for bed Chris said, "Luke, just don't wear a shirt to bed tonight." His eyes got big and he said, "You mean I'm going to be AWESOME the whole night?"
This month Luke says he wants to be a juggling clown, a baseball player or IRON MAN when he grows up.
He says his friends are Sammy, Spencer, Matthew, Cole and Joshie.
Favorite song: “Para, Para, Paradise” by Coldplay
Luke has a big crush on 17 year old Lissie in our ward. She’s a cutie so it’s not surprising – but what’s surprising is how bold he is. He tells her all the time that he’s going to marry her. It’s pretty funny.
I heard Luke screaming in the other room and went to go see what was the matter. Luke said, “I was mad at Spencer and I yelled. My brains were telling me to do that. It got in my head and it came out my face.” I love it. So funny.
Luke was making a spaceship sound when all of a sudden he said, “Whoa, that was totally a sound of lava coming out and the mountain breaking called a volcano. That was awesome that I just did that. Wow.” Then Matt said “Taltanoes Blow!” Luke: “Hey, he doesn’t know anything about that but he knowed it!” Matt: “On Diego der is a Taltano!”
Me: “Give me a kiss.” Luke: “Not on the lips.” Me: “Why not on the lips?” Luke: “Because then it would make you my wife and me the Dad.”
5 comments:
I just love Luke-isms.
So good that you write all these down! They would be forgotten over time. What a darling kid!
Luke is probably the funniest kid I know. That's so great. And I'm so glad you write all these down too.
Such cute boys!
These crack me up so much!
Post a Comment