Johnson Family

Johnson Family

January 28, 2008

thank you president hinckley


Our family home evening tonight was about President Hinckley. We talked about some of the things he did in his life and then wrote letters and drew pictures. I loved Katie's picture so much I thought I'd post it. We will miss you President Hinckley.



11 comments:

Geneva said...

Katie we love your picture! You need to submit it to the Friend. We do it all the time hoping one of our drawings will be picked soon. Hanna was so sad last night that she went to bed with the Ensign from Conference in November right by her bed. She wanted a picture of Pres. Hinckley nearby. She loves him so much too!!

Sara said...

That is really sweet that your kids wrote those letters. AND Katie's picture is so good. Geneva is right...you need to submit that to the friend!

Anonymous said...

It makes me even sadder when I read your letters. I love him too and will really miss him. Very good picture, Katie.

Jennifer said...

What a great FHE. Katie's picture is perfect.

Ang said...

So sweet! Katie is a little artist! It is really interesting to me how much children love the prophet. Very good idea to let kids write a letter so they can express their feelings.

Jamie C. said...

Wow that is an impressive picture-you have very artisitc children!

Amy Silva said...

Katie, that picture looks just like him. You are so talented.

Lindsey said...

How cute are those letters! I love that you are teaching them such great things. And yes, Katie's picture is adorable. We are going to the funeral because the Graham's were next-door neighbors of President Hinckley's daughter and now granddaughter. I'm sure it will be an amazing experience.

Brian Foster Walton said...

Wow, that looks amazingly like President Hinckley!

Cathy said...

Lisa,
You've got to turn that picture into the Friend for publication - it looks just like President Hinckley!

Lisa said...

ok friends... I just submitted her drawing to the Friend... I'll let you know if it gets picked (or you let me know!) By the way... I read all your comments to Katie and she blushed and smiled. Thanks for all the nice comments.