It's one of my favorite things to do. Look on the map for somewhere we've never been, pile in the van with water bottles and snacks and go exploring. It doesn't matter if we find anything great, or if we get lost or if we never go back... it's just exporing. Seeing the countryside around our city, talking while we drive, watching for animals, stopping to take pictures. Today we wondered if we could find a great place by a lake... somewhere where the kids could throw rocks in the water.... we wandered around Lake Oliver and Lake Harding and found a park by the water. No rocks... so the kids threw pinecones. We also saw an armadillo! (This is our first time seeing a live one!) A successful trip.




7 comments:
I can't belive you saw a armadillow!
Micah,
It sounds like a lot of fun to go exploring. I didn't know that you could see armadillos unless they were on one of John's discovery channel shows, very cool!
Wow, looks like you guys had a great Saturday! I love the easter hunt pics and also the outing with katie looked fun.
It's just plain rude Lisa! Could you please stop bragging about your sunshine and posting those kids of yours in short sleeve shirts? Seriously!
OK, maybe I'm a little bitter about our SNOW today! Yes, it snowed. I'm dying!
I do really love that you go exploring so much! Wish we could come along!
That's cool Lisa. I saw quite a few armadillow's in Texas, but none of them were alive...
What a fun area you live in. It seems to be surrounded by lakes, parks, and all things fun. But then again, I think you guys could find something fun in a deseret. What a fun filled jam packed day. And yes, I am getting a little envious of the sun. I'm hoping NC will have some, at least more than here.
Cool! No armadillo's around here. Sounds like a fun outing. You sure live in a beautiful place. I never realized how plain and....ugly (I can't believe I really just said that) Idaho is. I love it anyway!
Post a Comment