
It was September when I posted that Ryan had finished the whole Harry Potter series. Well, he's done it again. After a two month break he decided he needed to start again... and for the past three months he has, once again, read all seven books and been in Harry Potter heaven. Ryan is absolutely enthralled with the wizarding world -- what 9 year old isn't? -- and is always saying he wishes that wizards were real and that he could attend Hogwarts himself. He casts spells on his sisters and tells them which spells to cast back. He reads non-stop and brings his book with him wherever he goes... on the bus, in the store, to restaurants, in the van and of course reads for two to three hours a night on his bed... usually falling asleep with the book across his chest or his face. He even told us of a time when he was playing tag at recess with his book so that he could read every time he was frozen. What a character. My favorite was when he came home from school, opened the door and said, 'Hermoine will be here in a minute'. I smiled and said, "Wow, I'm so excited to meet Hermoine." Then he looked and me and said, "oh... I mean Katie". Yep, this muggle is a wizard wanna-be. Thank you JK Rowlings for creating a world that turns little boys into avid readers.
8 comments:
That is so fun to hear what a reader he is! I have often thought of the wizarding world as being real myself, so I understand how Harry Potter can overtake you! Keep it up Ryan.
I totally agree with you.....I remember hearing that the Harry Potter books were bad for kids. After reading them all myself I knew how fun they were and I love love love seeing my son reading them. He never enjoyed reading until Harry Potter and now he loves to read. Ryan is such a CUTE kid!
I am amazed! I wish I could read as fast and furious as he can. I love that kid too. Good job, Ryan.
Wow! Tell Ryan that you can enter Harry Potter Spells on Wikipedia and get the whole list. That is where we can find Chase we he isn't in the Pokemon world.
wish i had that ambition. good for you ryan. keep it up.
that is great that he loves books so much. he is going to be so smart when he gets older. i love dreaming about harry potter. my mind will race all night and i will be so tired in the morning. love it.
Hey Lisa! It's been a while since I've caught up on blogs! You are soooo good at posting so much. I need to do better. Anyway, I love that Ryan loves to read so much and I love that he loves HP so much! Spencer finished #7 back in the fall and was the same way. He couldn't put the books down. He flew through 6 and then kept trying to take 7 away from me when i was trying to finish it! I diddo your thanks to JK Rowling! I'm impressed that Ryan started them all over and read them all in only 2 months! Way to go Ry!
That is so great you love to read so much, Ryan! Can you believe I haven't read the 6th or the 7th Harry Potter books yet? Next time we go to the library I'm getting the 6th book.
Post a Comment