Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 9, 2008

snow in georgia

Yep, believe it or not that is snow. Look very carfully on the slide and see that white stuff... snow. Chris and I woke up Saturday morning to four kids jumping up and down pointing outside to the flurries of snow falling in the backyard. Pretty darn exciting. The kids couldn't wait to go outside and play and instead of say "there's nothing to play in" I just smiled and helped them zip up their coats. If this is all we are going to get while living in Georgia... they'd better enjoy it. By the time they got out there the flurries had stopped, the sun was peeking through and water was dripping off the roof. The temperature was 36 degrees but very windy so they didn't last long. Just long enough for Katie to say "It feels like we live in Antarctica"... and for Ryan and Katie to throw a mini snowball or two. An hour later there was no trace of snow anywhere... but we had it and I have pictures to prove it... snow in Georgia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! you're like californians with snow if they ever get any. way cute of the kids though and way to not dampen their spirits!

Ang said...

Hee hee! That was pretty funny. I have to admit I am enjoying having lots of snow for my kids to play in this year. It's better than the mud they find when it thaws! I guess a snowman was out of the picture huh?! (Stifle a giggle!)

Nikole said...

It is funny that your kids are so excited about the snow, and mine are tired of it and asking when it will be warm enough to play in the sandbox. So fun!