Green clothes, pinching, leprechauns, gold chocolates, green dinner... it's a silly holiday and
PERFECT for my silly kidos. They were so excited for St. Patrick's Day. I guess it's my fault... I told them weeks ago we were going to have a green dinner again this year and the whole thing exploded from there. Katie pleaded with me to volunteer in her class with a St. Patrick's Day activity. So Emily, Megan, Luke and I showed up at 12:30 in green attire with Bingo boards, green m&m's and shamrock cookies. Katie's friends always love to see Emily and Megan. They call them 'Katie-2' and 'Katie-3' and it makes Katie blush. The activity was a hit and Katie was so happy we were there. It was really fun being up in front of a class again... (especially 2nd grade)... and it made me miss teaching.
Our St. Patrick's Day dinner was lime jello, green Kool-Aid, peas, dill pickles, green peppers, and mashed potatoes dyed green! Then shamrock cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream. The kids were pretty hyper for dinner and continued the silliness for pictures before gift giving. Presents for St. Patrick's Day, you ask? Well, my silly kids had rummaged through their closets to regift the perfect present for their siblings and then had drawn pictures and letters for us. Silly holiday. Silly kids. Too funny.


11 comments:
Soooo cute! Brian is quite disappointed we didn't do anything fun like that today. I did get alot of comments on my funky new green apron I wore at work today though. I was going to make some green cupcakes, but I was afraid I'd eat too many. poor Brian.
Oh, and I love your new pillows and throw!
Scott and I were just talking about celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but neither of us really did , so we didn't do anything. We didn't even eat Corned Beef and cabbage! Fun things to do with your kids though.
It's just so much more fun when you really get in to it. I love it!
Very fun Lisa. Chase tried calling Ryan yesterday. (the time difference is so hard with his late school schedual) He ended up calling his Aunt in Idaho. Obviously I've written down the wrong number in my planner. Maybe if we call Aunt Sallie in Idaho we will get you :-0 Can you send us your phone number???? I couldn't find it in caller id for soem reason.
Sounds like fun. We had a green dinner too, but it wasn't as complete as yours due to time constraints! I love how excited your kids get about stuff.
Hooray for holidays and days to create family traditions. Your kids look cute in green....of course they look cute in everything though don't they?!!
Oh, what a good mom you are. I didn't even know it was St. Patricks day until the guard on post told me "Have a safe St. Patricks Day". I guess I need kids in school to remember dates of silly little holidays. I think your silly night sounds perfect!
Oh my goodness Lisa! you are such a fun and creative Mom. I put mia in a green shirt and green bow monday morning before I even remembered it was St Patricks day! It's fun that your kids get into it so much!
Love how cute and festive you are...I missed the ST. Patrick's Day boat this year...I thought it was on Wednesday and didn't send either of my boys to school with green shirts...I am such a bad mom. Oh well, maybe next year.
Gotta love the green dinner! We never can seem to make that one work because of spring break. Maybe next year! I'm craving kool aid now it looks so refreshing in the picture...
What a fun st. patrick's day! We need to add more green next year.
Post a Comment