
The ballet was held in the Springer Opera House downtown Columbus. It was built in 1871 and was known as the finest theatre house between Washington and New Orleans. Now it is Georgia's Official State Theatre. It really was beautiful. Since the ticket price was the same for every seat Katie and I reserved box seats on the left side, second level closest to the stage. We thought we were so special and fancy to have our own little box with two comfy chairs. After the first intermission though, we moved over to the balcony for another view.After the performance Katie and I wandered around the beautiful building. Katie couldn't help sitting on all the fancy old couches. Even our drive was fun -- we got to talk about growing up, ear piercing, college... Every time we finished a conversation Katie would say, "What should we talk about now, Mom?" What a sweetie.
We had a great time and loved being able to spend the afternoon all by ourselves... although Katie did mention that "next time we should bring Emily too because she would love it just like me."
7 comments:
What a nice experience for a Mother and Daughter. You need to cherrish each one.
What a fun Mother/Daughter outing.
Oh how sweet. I do look forward to those moments with Ava. What a great day, just Mom and daughter.
How fun! I look forward to mother daughter dates with Miss Molly
Having many daughters myself I know how special it is for each one to have their own time. Isn't it fun to have them get a little older and do "grown up" things with them? Katie is so beautiful!
Les Sylphides is my favorite ballet to have preformed in. Tell Katie that I was one of the sylphes. I've never known anyone else who has ever seen it...so know Katie is super cool! You know how much I love fairy lore. Probablly no surprise it was one of my favorites. How cool for you and Katie to have such a special day out!
Such a fun mother/daughter date. I am looking forward to those with Kayla! Katie you are so sweet.
Post a Comment