
Like clockwork, after the big kids go to school and Luke has eaten his cereal and watched Backyardigans with Megan, he wanders into my bedroom to come find me. Then he spots the big bathtub in the master bathroom and suddenly he can think of nothing else. 'Baf Baf Baf Baf' he repeats over and over until I turn the water on. He's so excited he can hardly stand it and sticks his arms in the stream of water usually getting his pajama sleeves soaking wet. Megan comes out of nowhere, and jumps into the bath, already naked. She knows the routine. Then they splash and play for a half hour while I straighten the bathroom and sit at the computer. When they decide they've had enough they pull the plug and scream for towels. Megan wraps herself in a towel... sometimes only her bottom half ('like dad') and sometimes her whole body ('like mom') and parades upstairs to find something wonderful to wear. Because I have a stack of size 5 diapers in my bathroom, Luke gets a new diaper on and spends the next half hour running around in his diaper while I say "Go get a SHIRT" hoping he'll bring back something adequate. Sometimes he does. Sometimes Megan helps. Sometimes he stays in his diaper until I walk over and get something... like today. I say 'ready, set' and he says 'Doh' as I throw him on the bed. Then I tickle him and he wants to do it over and over and over. Today he jumped on the bed and got in the covers. Say 'cheese' I said. And he did.
6 comments:
What a cheeseball! Love it. He looks so much like Ryan.
What a great morning routine. Isn't it how interesting how big Luke looks now that Matthew has arrived. I think the boys grew by a foot while I was in the hospital with Ava. What a cutie.
Luke is a tank! So cute! I cried reading your don't grow up baby post - surprised? It is going by so fast. I got out the video camera yesterday to try and capture the newborn cry. I know it will be gone any day now. So sad :(
You are so cute Luke! Bath time is so much fun.
Lukey, I can't believe how big you are! Such a good big and little brother. Bathtime is so fun at your house!
I could seriously copy and paste this for my 2 year old! She loves the bath and loves being in her diaper as long as she can get away with it! So cute.
Post a Comment