
Now that we've been to the pool for the first time, it really feels like summer.
Saturday Chris worked until 4:00 so we decided to meet at the pool for a couple hours as soon as he was done. I told the kids the good news at 12:30 and 7 minutes later they had their swimming suits on, and were happily collecting their new goggles and towels. It was a long afternoon to wait but it was worth it. At 4:00 we loaded up the double stroller and went to pay. The pool guy looked at my big group and said, "Um, we have a 1 adult to 3 kid ratio here..." As I started to chuckle, the second worker said, "Are they all yours?" and then let us in. What else could he do? I was well aware of how difficult it would be to watch six kids... luckily Chris was on his way.
The pool was so much less crowded at 4:00. Maybe we'll plan on heading then every time we go... especially if Chris can join in the fun. Ryan, Katie and Emily dashed off to play in the deep end. Megan, donned with arm floaties, splashed around like a fish and Luke couldn't help but just smile to be in the water. And to add to our perfect pool evening, our friends (with six kids) joined us unexpectedly. Now that it's really summer, we're looking forward to many more trips to the pool.
8 comments:
So much fun! The kids have been out of school for a week now and wouldn't you know, its been cold, windy, rainy or all three every day! It's not feeling like it "Really Summer" yet, but we know it will soon. When it does you'll find all of us at the pool. I'll be the tannest pregnant lady around! :-) Wish we lived close so we could "show up" at the pool unexpectedly with you!
Luke looks like one of the big kids now! I guess he is? I wanna show up with Marilee unexpectedly too....and surprise our friends the Johnsons. Then the pool workers would really be flipping out!
We had so much fun that night too.The kids can't wait until swimming lessons! It's great to have friends to bump into around town. I guess we both know that in Georgia the only place to be in summer is at the pool. Last summer the manager would see us coming and just forewarn the worker, "she's okay, they're all hers" When we showed up with another kid this year I think she was thrown for a second. Each year we just seem to add one more!
So funny about 1 to 3 ratio. Yeah, it would be hard with 6, but what are ya gonna do? Are the kids out of school?
Love the kid to adult ratio. That is hilarious. Guess they don't want one Mom bringing the entire neighborhood. How does it feel to be constatnly asked if they are all yours? I think the funniest part of that is...did they look at the kids? Of course they are all yours! Glad to see you back. I was thinking you must be on vacation.
We are glad you had fun at the pool this weekend too. We missed having you in St. George.
We went to the pool today too and after the exhaustion and a bit of a sunburn it feels like summer. Matthew is just so darn cute. I can't believe all that hair-for the 6th time. My kids don't have that much hair at 2 years old! lol. so cute.
Hey we actually had summer for a few days. It even got into the 90's. It didn't last though. Love the pool pictures. I need to call you about Chase coming to visit.
Post a Comment