Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 20, 2009

Don't grow up little baby.



I spent so long wishing that time would speed by until little Matthew arrived. Now that he's here I want time to stop, or at least slow down a bit. Just let me hold him and smell him, and hear his little newborn cry a little longer. Don't grow up little baby.

I am treasuring these days with my newborn. He is such a good baby. He sleeps a lot. For the past six nights he's let me sleep 5 hours straight and then another 3 after he eats. And last night it was 6 1/2 hours straight. He loves to be cuddled up in a blanket. We've figured out the exact right way to wrap him up with the exact blankets and he's set for the night. Even during the day when I want a nap, I just wrap him up and put him in his little crib and he'll give me 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Thank you baby. He takes a soother well. He likes his little swing -- it makes him fall asleep. He loves being held. He sleeps in his car seat. He smiles in his sleep... a lot. It takes awhile to burp him but I enjoy him cuddled up on my shoulder. He has a 'angel's kiss' on his forehead that will stay for up to a year before it fades away. Every time I walk past a mirror while I'm holding him, I stop to really look at how small he is in my arms. He is a good little nurser. In fact, this is probably the best transition into nursing I've ever had. Still a couple seconds of ouch at the beginning there, but not bad at all. He doesn't cry much... but I like it when he does... it sounds so desperate and adorable. He grunts. He gets the hiccups a lot. I smile when he sneezes. I love this baby.

10 comments:

Kim Ence said...

This is hurting my heart!

Great photo by the way!

Lindsey said...

I need to hold that baby! Maybe having a newborn wouldn't be too bad... Seriously, I love him already and I haven't even officially met him yet. July can't come fast enough. Have I said that yet?

Lindsey said...

I need to hold that baby! Maybe having a newborn wouldn't be too bad... Seriously, I love him already and I haven't even officially met him yet. July can't come fast enough. Have I said that yet?

The Starbuck Family said...

Time goes by so quickly. I used to do the same thing with Scott-look in the mirror at how little he was. Now, I hold him to feed him and he takes up my whole lap. Even though it's fun watching him learn new things, it still makes me sad to see that newborn phase end. Thanks for sharing so many cute pictures of him. He is so beautiful.I am so glad he is such a good sleeper for you-what a difference a little extra sleep makes.

Sarah Walton said...

Seriously, 6 1/2 hours? awesome! He's so cute. Enjoy these days!

The Seaquist Family said...

I still feel that way about Ava. There is something different when you know you are doing it for the last time. Sounds like you are enjoying every moment.

Marilee said...

STOP WISHING FOR TIME TO SLOW DOWN!!!!!! At least for another 2 months! :-)

Nikole said...

Matthew is so cute! They really do grow up too fast. It is so hard.

Elisa said...

Oh I love me a Teeny Tiny baby! I'm so glad he is sleeping well for you, it helps you enjoy them so much more! He is adorable.

Hilary said...

He is really, REALLY cute!!!