Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 19, 2009

Ballerinas

The Columbus Ballet Conservatory had it's 'end of the year recital' tonight. We got a babysitter for Megan and Luke (they already went to the dress rehearsal the night before) so Chris and I could actually enjoy it. I took the girls early and Chris came later with Matthew and flowers for the girls. Then he left at intermission to make it to a stake meeting and the girls and I stayed to watch all of the dancers. So fun to have two ballerinas.


Katie spent the year in Ballet Level 1 and performed 'Heidi' to Minuette in G by Bach. She loved her costume... especially the headpiece. She really did a great job. Her teacher is recommending her for two classes a week next year. Congratulations Katie! We are so proud of you!


Emily spent the year in a Creative Movement Level 2 class, and although some days she wasn't super excited about going to class, she could hardly wait till the performance. Yesterday she said, "This is my favorite day ever!" She performed 'Cats' to the Broadway Cats music. It was adorable... and there may just be some muffled chuckling on the video we took of her. The whole class bumping into each other as they turned around... it was pretty funny. Emily knew her dance moves though and was a great little dancer. Emily, we are so proud of you!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

They both look so adorable. I would love to see those videos if you could e-mail them or post them here. Oh, to be a little ballerina again!

Marilee said...

So cute! I have no idea what the world of having dancers is like but love to see other peoples daughters in their cute costumes! Nicole and Ryan's little girls are dancers too and I love seeing their recital costumes! Congrats to your little dancers!

Grandma W said...

Katie and Emily, it would be so fun to see you perform for us when we come in 2 weeks! You look darling.

Nikole said...

Emily and Katie you are both such beautiful ballerinas! I would love to see the videos as well.

Sarah Walton said...

So cute you two! Yes, post the videos. Annie would love to see them. Her recital is in two weeks and she is so excited!

elisha said...

How adorable. How fun to have two in ballet. It's fun seeing new posts. How are you feeling? I want to call ya, but never know when you are taking advantage of sleeping kids.

Jennifer said...

I love Katie's costume too. I am so jealous you have dancers. I think I will try again this next year. Just once more...

Hilary said...

so cute! They look darling in their costumes. And, yes, I have muffled laughter on my videoing also... always!!!