Johnson Family

Johnson Family

July 19, 2009

On Vacation

We arrived in Destin, Florida on Sunday night, July 12th. A few hours after us Chris' whole family flew in to Ft. Walton airport and made their way to the house that would be home for 21 people for a week. 3 floors, six bedrooms and plenty of room for all of us. It was a cute neighborhood of condos around a great pool.

Monday the guys headed straight for the golf course and the rest of us lounged around and then made our way to the pool. The weather was cloudy but still hot and humid. It rained on us for a few minutes here and there but we kept playing. Then it poured and we were soaked. I know, we were wet already, but now every towel, stroller, baby blanket and beach bag was soaked too.

With a sporadic thunder stormy afternoon we decided to get ready and head to PFChangs for an early dinner. We convinced the hostess to seat us after she stared at us and said, 'we already have a big party here.' We all glanced at the relatively empty dinning room and helped put tables together. Good food. Great to be together again.

After dinner we walked around the brand new 'Grand Park' outdoor shopping area taking our time and enjoying the perfect temperature.

Some of the cousins
Group shot
Emily and Kyle
Chris and I
Kayla - 20 months old, Luke - 19 months old, Haylee -23 months old
Ryan and Haylee
Smiley Matthew, 2 months old
Spencer and Chris

6 comments:

Ash said...

It was a fun vacation! It was so good to see your family and meet Matthew!

Geneva said...

Fun times....you look great! I'm jealous you are posting. I'm busy getting ready for girl's camp all next week. Karyl will be here to watch the kids so even my house needs to be cleaned. Ughh...the after vacation aftermath has consumed me!! Somehow boating and girl's night out are more appealing then cleaning up--shocking!!

David and Mary Walton said...

What a happy group. Love the picture of the three kids on the bench. Adorable. Glad you had such a great time. I think we need to go to Walton's Beach too!

Lindsey said...

Can you send me your pictures? They all look great so far and I know there are lots more to come. I miss you guys already!

The Harper Family said...

Matthew is so darling.

Nikole said...

That was such a fun vacation. We miss all of you. Tyler was crying at the airport because he missed his cousins so much already.