
Lucky Ryan to have one of his best friends from Washington come for a visit. Chase has been saving long and hard for two years to buy a plane ticket to Georgia. Ryan was so excited to see him he could hardly stand it. When they first saw each other at the airport they ran and hugged and I think I got emotional. It was so cute. But other than that you'd never have known they hadn't seen each other in two years. Minutes later they were laughing and joking around, pulling their DS' out and connecting to play games together... and I got to listen to video game language the whole way home.
Chase just fit right into our normal summer routine... swimming at the pool, a ward party, scouts, a primary activity, off to the hospital with Ryan to get 11 year old shots, tons of movies, riding bikes around the block, a picnic at the park in the 90 degree Georgia humidity, Ice Age in the movie theaters, dinner at Atlanta Bread and Sam's Club, battling Lego creations, playing with space mud, jumping on the trampoline, staying up late, and HOURS of non-stop Wii and DS playing since all gaming restrictions had been lifted.
As a special treat Chase turned 11 on his second day here. How fun for us to celebrate with a gigantic cookie cake and a trip to the video game store to pick out new 'used' DS games.
I heard them several times say to each other "wouldn't it be cool if we were brothers?" Chase, with three younger sisters and no brothers and Ryan with brothers a decade younger... It's a good thing they have each other. So much alike they are practically the same kid. Thanks for coming Chase!!!
4 comments:
Wow, that really is so sweet.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so glad Ryan had such a great time with his buddy.
I have been waiting and hoping you would post so I could "lift" your picture. Chase is still talking about how it ws the best week of his life. I am glad he has been able to make such wonderful friends. Thanks for having him!!!
Ryan you are so lucky to have such a great friend! It sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment