Johnson Family

Johnson Family

July 19, 2009

Snorkel Dolphin Tour


One day we rushed over to Panama City for our Snorkel Dolphin Tour. We boarded the catamaran and set sail for our 'three hour tour' as Gilligan's Island music played in the background. It was a beautiful day. Sunny and HOT.



First stop... snorkeling. I helped get my first crew get outfitted with flippers and masks and ready to go. This is Ryan and Katie's second snorkeling adventure... (their first was in Hawaii), but it was Emily's first and she was excited!




Nikole, John, Tyler, Spencer and Kayla

Megan and Dad
Ashlyn

Haylee and Lindsey
Katie swimming
Tyler and Aunt Nikole
Lindsey
Anybody who found cool underwater marine life could bring it aboard the boat for others to see. It was fun to check out the bucket of what was discovered.

Katie checking out a starfish.
Megan and Emily helped a fellow snorkeler empty his bag of sand dollars into the bucket. 'Here's a dollar for you, and one for you... Here's two bucks for you... oh, here's a small one... there's a quarter for you'. They had so much fun. All the sand dollars were alive and had to be thrown back except this one and Megan got to keep it. Too bad it got smashed in the suitcase on the way home.

Haylee wasn't too excited about seeing the starfish up close and personal... especially when her Dad wanted her to touch it.


Uncle Kyle and baby Derek
Rob, Lindsey and Haylee
Spencer
After snorkeling we sailed around trying to find dolphins. We saw a few jumping in front of a ship a ways away but that's all we saw. We even tried heading out of the bay but nope, no dolphins. Instead we got seasick from all the big waves.
Once back inside the bay they had a conch shell blowing contest. Everyone on the boat, including my kids, gave it a try. The four finalists had a 'blow off' in front of everyone on the deck. Rob and I competed. In the first go around Rob was louder than I was so I think he just wanted to let me win. The two finalists... me and some other guy. To break the tie we had to blow the conch the loudest and longest while hula hooping. Ya, don't you wish you could see a picture of that. Well, somehow I managed to win. I guess playing the trumpet in my 7th grade school band paid off!

5 comments:

elisha said...

Way to go Lisa. You are a winner!!! Looks like fun. Did you get out and snorkel too? Can't believe how big Derek looks already. Didn't she just have him?

The Seaquist Family said...

Ok, I learned something new about Lisa. You played the trumpet? That brought a smile to my face. So awesome. What a blast. Looks like a hot spot for snorkeling. Bummer about the sea sickness. Never fun. You kids just look so grown up. I feel like it has been forever since I've seen you guys. Guess it has.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Lisa, We are planning a trip to Destin and Panama City, since you have been there many times - when you have a minute could you email me the place you stayed in and fun things to do and see and of course where to eat. That crab place looks super good! I love crab!!! My favorite. See you next weekend.

Joy said...

Lisa - You know know me. I am a really good friend of Sara Wilhelm (our husbands were in medical school together). I just want you to know how much I have enjoyed reading you blog. You are amazing. Six kids and you look happy. I really admire that.

Anyway...I am already looking for a great place to vacation for next summer and I came across your Destin post. If you have a second (and I understand if you don't :) could you email me with the details of where you and your family stayed? All your pictures make me miss Hawaii (we did our residency there) and after another Pittsburgh winter (he is doing a fellowship here) we need some sun like I have been seeing in your pictures of Destin. Thanks!
Joy
joyturner24@hotmail.com

Geneva said...

What a great trip and looks like fun was had by all. You are getting so good with your camera! Amazing Pictures, it makes me want to visit in the summer time!!