Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 21, 2008

recipe exchange

Southwestern White Chili
2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, undrained
1 tsp. ground cumin (I didn't have cumin and used about a half tsp. ground red pepper)
1-1/2 cups Mexican style Shredded Four Cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

Heat dressing in large saucepan on medium-high head. Add chicken and onions: cook 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.

Stir in beans, broth, chilies and cumin (or red pepper) Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes stiring occasionally.

Serve topped with the cheese and cilantro. Makes 6 servings (one cup each) I double it for my family if I want leftovers.

I found this recipe on-line and have made it twice already. Chris and I love it! Give it a try and then post one of your favorite recipes. I'm in the mood to try something new!

2 comments:

Staci said...

you and chris love it but do your kids love it too? that's one of my problems in the kitchen. what brandon and i love the kids don't. but i don't cook more than one meal for dinner. have you ever tried 'ritzy kids chicken'?

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy. I'll have to find a good one and post. I think you have most of our favs from Amy's recipe book. We'll find something